Top 5 Best Email Backup Software
How to Retrieve Deleted Emails
Free Download Outlook Recovery Tool
Contacts on a mobile device are very important to the user. Without backing them up, there is a very high probability that such contacts could easily get misplaced or even lose some of them. Due to the importance of these contacts, it is vital that they are properly looked after by the phone user. Contacts can be lost in different ways, whether due to the fault of the device owner or without his/her knowledge. Different phone users seek a way to secure their precious contacts. A lot of different other methods may end up being ineffective due to the lack of reliability of the platform used in storing them. To securely backup your contacts, you need a reliable platform which would make the contacts easily accessible when they are lost. This article will show you the reasons for phone contacts backup, how to create Google contacts backup as well as the way to restore contacts from backup.
Google is a very reliable name in backing up contacts. Google has started to gain a reputation as a very secure location to store media files. However, it is equally an effective way to save contacts on a mobile device. Google is known for its reliable security and it boasts a brand name which provides some of the most secure backup storage all around the world. The presence of Google in almost every device makes it quite easy for it to be accessible. A wide variety of android devices are supported by Google. This means you can always connect to Google regardless of your phone brand. By using the Google contacts platform and backing the contacts on a Google drive, you can be sure that your valuable contacts are kept in perfect condition.
Due to the volatile nature and important nature of contacts, it is very essential that they are kept very safe. It is quite easy to lose contacts from your mobile. The reasons for the need to create a Google contact backup are numerous. The following is a list of the reasons to back up your contacts.
It is common knowledge that it is easy to prevent the loss of something valuable than to try replacing it. There is no guarantee that if your phone crashes due to hardware or system failure, if you mistakenly delete such contacts or even misplace your phone you will ever get the contacts back. You may have to deal with the loss of such contacts for a very long time. It doesn’t have to do with the brand of phone in question because once such contacts are lost, they are quite difficult to recover.
This means that the best line of action is to back up your contact list before they are lost. That way you can be sure that if anything happens, your mind will be at rest that all your information is secure and can easily be restored. Fortunately, you are able to back up your contacts using Google using your Google mail account. It is a quite simple process but requires special knowledge for success. After doing this, you can be sure that no matter what happens to your contacts, they will be kept safe.
There is a basic method which can be used to create a Google contacts backup. It is also known as copying of contacts from Phone to Google. Listed below are the steps on creating a Google contacts backup in Android phone. Kindly take note that the terms used in this detailed description may vary based on the manufacturer of the phone. These features may also not be found on all phone brands.
1. Open the contacts app found on your phone. Your contact app contains a list of all the contacts which have been saved on your device.
2. Depending on your phone, click on the more or three dots found at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
3. From the next menu, click on settings or manage contacts.
4. Click on the “move device contacts to” or “copy” or “import/export” button. If you are unable to find these specific terminologies, find a utility which would allow a transfer of contacts from the device to another account.
5. From the next menu, you may be prompted to select the location you want to copy the contacts. On this menu, select phone from the list.
6. On the next screen, select the Google account which you desire to copy the contacts to. Select the Google contacts which is easily accessible by you so you can easily view the stored contacts.
7. After this, click on copy. Your contacts will begin to be copied from your device storage to your Google account. It will take some time depending on the number of contacts.
8. Open your browser and navigate to “contacts.google.com” in order to verify if all your contacts were backed up successfully.
9. Log into your Google account with the gmail which you copied the contacts to.
10. You will find your newly copied contacts under the contacts tab. If your contacts have been successfully backed up, they will be found here.
In conclusion, the importance of mobile contacts to humans is numerous. Due to their importance, losing them is not an option. They deserve to be fully secured against theft, damage, deletion and other factors. A very secure way to ensure your contacts are safe and accessible irrespective of the situation is through the use of Google as a backup. The steps listed above will ensure that your contacts are kept secure in an effective way. And if you are a Windows user and long for data backup, then AOMEI Backupper is the first recommendation for you. Some of its intriguing features are as follows: