It's annoying encountering "BOOTMGR is missing". You can't use your computer normally till it's fixed. But don't be worried. If this has nothing to do with your hardware, there are 2 solutions for you to fix "BOOTMGR is missing" issue in Windows 7, Vista, XP, etc.
If you have a Windows installation disk, you can directly use it to fix the Bootmgr missing issue. If you don't have one, the first way is recommended, because it can save you much on purchasing a Windows installation DVD.
Next, let's check how to fix Bootmgr missing problem with a Windows DVD in steps.
Step 1. Insert the Windows DVD to your computer DVD player and restart it;
Step 2. Set the Language, Time and Keyboard on the Interface;
Step 3. Click "Repair your computer";
Step 4. Windows will then try to find the installation directory for Windows 7, Vista, or XP. If you have more than one on your computer, choose the one you want to repair;
Step 5. Click "Startup Repair";
Step 6. You'll see the message that "Startup Repair is checking your system for problems…";
Step 7. When it's done, it will prompt you to restart your computer.
Now, you can remove the DVD and reboot your computer. Then you'll find that everything works well. By the way, you can learn more methods to fix BOOTMGR missing issue.
BOOTMGR is missing error often causes failure of booting the computer. For that, you can't access the data on the computer. In most cases, with the help of a Windows DVD or bootable media, you can fix the issue. But if you fail, you can resort to a powerful system crash recovery tool - Recoverit Data Recovery software to retrieve your data back. Follow the below steps to go on.
1. Initiate Recoverit and choose a data recovery mode. In a case where your Windows 10 fails to boot up, choose the "Recover from Cash Computer" option, and on the next pop up window, click "Start".
2. You may choose between a USB bootable drive or CD/DVD in selecting a mode to create a bootable drive. Click the "Create" button to initiate.
3. Ensure to back up your vital data as the subsequent pop Window will ask you to format your USB drive. To process this, click the "Format" button.
4. Kindly ensure not to eject your USB flash while it's creating a bootable drive. There is a follow-up instruction or you may choose to view the full guide to take the next step on how to initiate data recovery.
5. Creating a bootable drive takes a while and after this process, there will be three easy steps concerning data recovery solutions.
6. Before initiating the data recovery process from unbootable Windows 10, ensure to modify your PC boot sequence to boot from the bootable media that has just been developed by you.
Get into the BIOS using the F12 function key after restarting your computer, this entry keys may defer based on the computer model. You can get more information on how to operate your computer to boot via USB drive.
7. Recoverit will automatically initiate as soon as boot from the bootable drive is enabled. Then, you can either recover your lost data from Windows 10 or copy data from the hard disk. You never have to worry about data recovery from unbootable Windows 10, with this guide, fixing issues with lost data on Windows 10 is easy.