NTLDR is the NT system loader responsible for the display of a boot menu for multiply systems and the gathering of hardware information along with NTDETECT. NTLDR is developed for Windows NT operating systems up to Windows Server 2003, including Windows XP. Starting from Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, NTLDR has been replaced with the Windows Boot Manager (BOOTMGR).
You are happy to power on your machine and plan to play some games before hard work. But you got the cold NTLDR compressed error as below. What happened? It seems that everything was OK when you shut down the machine last time. Well, such kind of system error happens usually for Windows system. But everything is under control. Take it easy. NTLDR compressed error occurs if one or more of the following items are true:
1. NTLRD file compressed accidentally or hard drive compressed.
2. Virus infection.
3. Serious system corrupted.
This is a relatively simple NTLDR error compared to NTLDR missing issue. Two resolutions are provided here for your situations.
1. Boot from Windows CD/DVD (set CD-ROM as the first boot device) and in the Welcome to Setup, press R to enter Recovery Console.
2. Choose a Windows install, and enter your Administrator password (blank by default) when prompted.
4. At the command prompt, enter the following commands, pressing Enter to execute.
attrib -c c: TLDR
5. Restart your computer and if there was no other issue, the NTLDR compressed error should be gone.
This solution is mainly for those who don't have Windows CD/DVD, and for netbook users who usually have no CD-Rom drive, but with USB ports.
1. Create a bootable CD, DVD, or USB with Live boot in minutes on a Windows machine that works normally.
2. Insert the CD, DVD, or USB, and reboot your computer.
3. Choose "Boot from LiveBoot" on the Boot Menu to enter the authorized WinPE system.
4. Select "Windows Recovery" and click Boot File Recovery to repair NTLDR compressed error and NTLDR missing error.
5. When Boot File Recovery complete, restart your computer.
6. The NTLDR compressed error should be repaired now. To get comprehensive technical support regarding LiveBoot software, please visit http://support.wondershare.com
By the way, Bootmgr compressed error also occurs sometimes.
Note: LiveBoot also comes with an intuitive and easy to use disk/partition manager. You are recommended to wipe a partition with Disk Management/Partition Genius if you want to install a fresh Windows system.
Ntldr Compressed Error often comes along with data lost from your hard drive, also with the wrong operations to fix Ntldr Compressed Error will result in hard drive damaged and inaccessible data. Under these circumstances, you will need a powerful hard drive recovery software to retrieve your lost data back.