“How to delete cookies on Firefox? Is there any secure and fast way to permanently erase cookies from Firefox with no scope of recovery?”
Lately, we have been asked questions like these from our readers who would like to delete cookies on Firefox. Being one of the most widely used web browsers, it also supports the storage of cookies. Though, plenty of users would like to regularly delete cookies in order to protect their privacy and personal data. To make things easier for you, we have come up with this stepwise guide. Read on and learn how to clear cookies on Firefox right away.
As you might know, cookies are small-sized files that are stored by websites on your system. It is used by web servers to identify clients and make it easier for them to access the website. With the help of cookies, you can browse the web in a faster and more effective manner.
Nevertheless, there are times when cookies can corrupt your system as well with the presence of a malware. Additionally, cookies can also store your personal data that should not be accessed by anyone. Therefore, you should know a foolproof solution for how to delete cookies on Firefox.
Mozilla Firefox provides a hassle-free solution to individually clear cookies from selected websites or to delete all cookies at once. Firstly, we will let you know how to delete all cookies at once. It can be done by following these steps:
1. Launch Firefox and click the hamburger icon on the top right to access its menu.
2. Out of all the provided options, go to the "History" section.
3. From here, choose to "Clear Recent History".
4. It will launch the following screen. Now, select the duration to clear your data and from the "Details" section, enable the option of "Cookies".
5. Click on the "Clear Now" button to confirm your choice.
This will delete all the cookies on Firefox with respect to the selected duration.
Now when you know how to clear cookies on Firefox, you can easily safeguard your privacy. Though, there are times when users wish to selectively clear cookies from a few websites. In this case, you can learn how to delete cookies on Firefox from selected websites by following these steps:
1. To start with, launch Firefox and click its hamburger icon to view the menu. From here, click on “Options”.
2. This will open Firefox Settings. From the left panel, you can switch between different categories.
3. To learn how to clear cookies on Firefox, go to the “Privacy” tab. Here, you can also customize how Firefox will remember your browsing history.
4. Under the History section, you can view a “Clear Cookies” tab. Now, click on it to view the stored cookies.
5. From here, you can view all the cookies stored via Firefox. To clear a cookie, make your selection and click on the "Remove Selected" button.
After following these steps, you would be able to learn how to delete cookies on Firefox. Though, neither of these solutions can give a permanent fix to your problem. If you wish to remove cookies from your system permanently, then you need to take the assistance of a third-party tool. We have discussed it in the next section.
If you wish to learn how to clear cookies on Firefox permanently, then we recommend taking the assistance of Stellar BitRaser for file. It is an extremely reliable tool that can clear cookies on your system with no scope of recovery. Besides cookies, it can also be used to erase data files, system traces, applications, and more. Following are some of its major features.
Step 1: Download and launch Stellar BitRaser for file on your Windows computer
Step 2: From the left panel, you can access all the major features like erase now, system traces, internet activities, and more. Select "Internet activities" to erase cookies and browsing data.
Step 3: Select Firefox and click on the "Erase Now" button to delete its cookies, cache data, browsing history, and more.
Furthermore, to make sure that your data is deleted permanently, you can apply multiple passes as well. This will ensure that your browser data would be removed permanently with no scope of recovery afterward.
Now when you know how to clear cookies on Firefox, you can easily protect your privacy. Even though Firefox provides an easy way to remove cookies, you should use BitRaser to delete cookies permanently. It will let you save your time and efforts while getting rid of cookies from your system with no recovery scope.