In the course of using your Microsoft Excel on your computer system, a need might arise that might warrant you corrupting a file or un-corrupting another. This need is what makes it very necessary for you to know how to corrupt an Excel file and how to un-corrupt an Excel file. In this article, we shall be examining what it means to corrupt and un-corrupt a file. Also, the many reasons why both are done, how to go about corrupting and un-corrupting an Excel file. And most importantly simple tricks on how to corrupt an Excel file without having to go through any of the many hassles needed to corrupt and un-corrupt an Excel file.
Electronic data are what makeup files on a computer system and each of these files are built on a particular structure that defines its contents. Once the right information is provided to this structure, the file is bound to function correctly and effectively. However, when it happens that the wrong information goes into the electronic data structure, the proper functioning of such a file is said to be affected and as such referred to as being corrupted.
Asides from writing the wrong information, or writing the right information in the wrong place, damaged storage, can also affect the readability of the file and corrupt it. When a file is corrupted, two things are likely to happen. It is either the corrupted file fails to open, or when it does an error message keeps popping up. While files get corrupted on their own without necessarily affecting the program as a whole, when a program is corrupted, it is likely to affect every file that depends on it to function.
Microsoft Excel is one of the most used tools when dealing with and having to work with large amounts of data. The widespread use of Microsoft Excel has also been heightened by its easy to understand the functionality. Corrupting an Excel file is one of the many steps taken by several Microsoft Excel users, and this brings to question why? Let's take a look at two main reasons why the excel file is corrupted.
Many times, a lot of us want to corrupt a file on purpose. If you are one of them, then this is for you. With this, you will know how to corrupt your Excel file easily.
Extensions are being used by several operating systems to separate one file from another to know the default program for each file. In corrupting a file, you have to have a piece of knowledge about the extension of a file because you can only corrupt a file by changing or corrupting its extension. Before we run through steps on how to corrupt an Excel file, it is critical to note that when corrupting a file, make sure you have backed it up. When this is done, you can retrieve your important information at any time.
1. Click on the start option on your system and locate the 'folder' option. When this folder is located, locate the dialog box and click it open.
2. In the dialog box, click view and un-click the box which is close to 'hide extensions for known files types'. After then, apply the instructions and confirm your selection by clicking OK.
3. After this, find the location of the file you deliberately wish to corrupt and select the rename option.
4. In renaming, you are to rename the file extension which comes right after the dot that follows the file name.
5. Replace the extension name with anything other than what it used to be.
Alternatively, you can make use of the free online tool that can be used to corrupt any file for free. All you need to do is to select the file you wish to corrupt and upload it to the site. The site automatically helps you to corrupt the file, and doesn't stop there; it can go as far as totally damaging the file. To access the site, click here.
Sometimes it happens that our mistakes result in the Excel file being corrupted, while other times even when done intentionally, we later want the file back. If this is you, it is imperative to know how to un-corrupt an Excel file. Here, we are going to look at the Stellar Phoenix Excel repair and the general way to un-corrupt an Excel file.
Losing valuable information to a corrupted Excel file can be a harrowing experience, and it is capable of causing you to lose many opportunities or access to vital information. However, if you ever find yourself at this point, there is no need to worry much because, with the Stellar Phoenix Excel Repair, something can be done to un-corrupt the Excel file.
The Stellar Phoenix Excel repair addresses issues that corrupt or is corrupting an Excel file. It is a technological software that when you run it on your system, it will scan your Microsoft Excel application for any corrupt file and if any, it will detect such and make the necessary corrections needed to repair such an Excel file to keep it working effectively. In carrying out this repair, the original file is not being affected in any way leaving you with the original information without any modification whatsoever.
Un-corrupting an Excel file is not so much of a difficult task if you know how to go about it. To simplify the whole process for you, here is a step by step procedure of how to un-corrupt a file.
1. The first step is to open Excel on your system
2. Then go 'open other workbooks' and click on it. To find this option, locate a folder shaped icon which is at the lower left of your system's window.
3. Locate the 'browse' option and select it. When it is selected, you will be able to access the File Explorer window.
4. After then, you can now select the corrupted excel file from the files available in that folder.
5. Then you should click the menu button after which a drop-down menu providing many other options will appear.
6. From the drop-down menu, select the open and repair option. Sometimes it happens that you cannot access this option, there is no need to panic. It is most likely because you are yet to select the Excel file you want to repair.
7. Select the repair option and accept in a subsequent pop-up and be patient while windows repair your file.
8. When this is completed, the repaired file will be opened. You must save this file with an entirely different filename from that of the corrupted file.
While corrupting an Excel file can be sometimes necessary, in the long run, it might result in regret. This is why it is vital to take note of some vital tips when considering to corrupt an Excel file.
As much as it is vital to know how to corrupt an Excel file, it is also necessary to know how to un-corrupt an Excel file. While there are many reasons why a file is corrupted, the most have been because of an interrupted power supply and a few mistakes made by users. Sometimes, a need for corrupting a file might arise and to do this, you can either change the file extension to something else or make use of an online tool to corrupt the file. Also, in un-corrupting an already damaged Excel file, you can make use of the Stellar Phoenix Excel repair, or you follow the steps above to make use of the inbuilt repair tool.