Corruption of data is a relatively common mishap that almost everyone is equally susceptible to these days. As opposed to the previous constructs of belief, data recovery is fairly easy these days. A few simple steps can now recover what was previously perceived as unsalvageable.
Today's article features four effective methods for the"DNG image data corrupted fix"and also enlists the possible reasons for the problem to arise in the first place. Keep reading to find valuable tips and techniques to resolve this issue.
The Digital Negative Image File (aka the DNG file) format is a commonly used image format that is seen particularly prevalent in digital photography. This RAW image format is a universal file format that was developed by Adobe. DNG files are compatible with almost all software related to images and editing and provide significant benefits in terms of image processing and quality.
The corruption of your DNG image can prove to be a real bummer, especially while working in the professional field. Before looking at"DNG image data corrupted fix"methods, it is essential to understand the causes behind the issue as well. Below are the potential reasons for the issue to occur.
One of the most common reasons for data corruption is viral attack. If your DNG file has been infected with a virus or malware, it will not be able to open and will likely go corrupt.
When you do not let a file completely transfer or download, it is likely to face problems. If the DNG file is not downloaded or transferred properly or is interrupted mid-operation, there are high chances of it going corrupt.
A reason for file corruption may be in the hardware itself. Hardware crashes and mechanical failures are among the major causes of data corruption.
If the driver software is not updated, or the drive is outdated, it can cause file corruption. If the file is missing proper codecs or they are not properly installed and updated, it can cause problems while previewing the file.
Sometimes, the storage device that retains the data and files is mishandled. This can cause serious exertion and damage to the files. Even mishandling the camera, and storing images when the memory storage is low, can lead to corruption of DNG files.
Moving on from the reasons, it is now time to learn the"DNG image data corrupted fix"methods. Here, we have compiled the best and efficient methods for retrieving data corruption. Work through these to repair your corrupted DNG file.
To repair your corrupted DNG file, you can manually execute a System File Checker. The utility is specifically designed in Windows to solve your data corruption-related problems. To run a System File Check, follow the steps given below.
1. To begin with, press the Window key.
2. In the search box, type "command prompt" or simply "cmd."
3. When you see the "Command Prompt" option listed, right-click on it.
4. From the drop-down menu, choose "Run as administrator."
5. In the command prompt window, type "sfc/scannow."
6. Hit the Enter key to let Windows scan the system files and fix any corrupted files found in the process.
7. Once the process is completed, a completed message will be displayed.
The file check will hopefully be able to repair any corrupt files found on the system, including DNG files. If this method fails to work, you can try the next one.
Another method to view your DNG files in Windows is by updating the drivers. Outdated drivers are one of the major reasons for causing errors and file corruption. Following the simple proceeding steps will let you update the drivers of your Windows and hopefully eradicate all the errors and corruption messages in DNG files.
1. Click the "Start" button or hit the Windows key.
2. In the search bar, type "Device Manager" and hit Enter.
3. In the pop-up window, locate the name of your drive.
4. Expand and right-click on your driver.
5. From the drop-down menu that appears, choose the "Update Driver" option.
6. In the emerging dialogue box, select the option that reads as "Search automatically for updated driver software." This will enable Windows to update the drivers whenever a new version is available automatically.
7. Click on "OK" and check if the issue has been resolved.
A system restore can prove greatly effective in solving a number of your problems. If you wish to repair your corrupted DNG file, follow these steps.
1. Restart your system and login as an Administrator.
2. Press the Windows key.
3. In the search box, type "System Restore."
4. Select the option "Create a Restore Point."
5. Go to the "System Protection" tab and select the "Configure" button.
6. From the window that pops up, tick the "Turn on system protection" option and click on OK.
7. Follow the instructions visible on-screen and select a specific restore point.
8. Tap on "Next" and wait for the system to finish the process.
If none of the manual methods prove successful in fixing the file, it is now time to use a third-party tool to repair your photo. Several tools are available in the market to do so, but the most esteemed these days is the Stellar Photo Repair Tool.
This tool features a user-friendly interface and supports a range of file formats, including DNG. To repair your corrupted files using the Stellar Photo Repair Tool, follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Feeding the Image into the Program
The first step after launching the program is to insert the image file into the tool. To do so, simply click on the "Add file" button and choose your desirable file(s).
Step 2: Commencing the Repair Process
The next step is to initiate the repairing process by clicking on the "Repair" button available.
Step 3: Saving the File
Once the program has finished repairing, it will preview the repaired files. You can save them to your device by clicking on the "Save" button and choosing a suitable location.
Fixing your corrupted data files may not be as laborious a task as you might have thought. The preceding article provided sufficient knowledge related to the DNG image corruption problem. With the above-mentioned methods, you will hopefully be able to retrieve your corrupted DNG files without much trouble.
If none of the manual methods work for"DNG image data corrupted fix, using a third-party tool to repair your file might be the only option left. You can make use of the Stellar Photo Repair Tool for that, which will make your job much easier.