With the world advancing at a faster rate than expected, Mac users are also increasing as technology knows no bounds. The file formats that are compatible with Mac need to be taken into account so that future inconvenience can be avoided as possible. Raw files on Mac undergo corruption, and with this article, you will be hearing about this problem the last time.
Let us embark on a journey together where we will be first knowing about the deep causes of this problem, amazing methods to fix it, and workable tips to get rid of damaged files once and for all.
So, without any further delay, let us get to the crux of the matter.
Before running into a problem, the reasons and causes of the inconvenience remain unknown. As the issue gets deep, we usually rush to find out solutions and methods to make our way out of the fix. But one step is missed which needs equal attention - The reasons for corruption of a file.
This section covers the causes of corruption in RAW files. Have a look at them carefully.
The virus attack on the system or RAW file can result in getting the file damaged. The user is advised to keep the system under check for such malware and install anti-virus software.
The low battery of the device in use during the transfer of files can render the file almost useless and make it damaged.
Sometimes, the storage media such as hard drives, pen drives, SD cards are full. Capturing and adding more RAW images can make the files corrupt, resulting in zero operation.
Most times, the SD cards are unrecognized and undetectable and cause corruption in RAW files.
Another possible cause of occurrence of this problem is associated with the system crash. The system failure in between the transfer of files or when the SD card is still mounted leaves the file infected for life.
If the file transfer fails or undergoes any interruption, then the RAW files are subjected to get damaged in seconds.
When the Raw files are being downloaded, any type of interruption has the potential to make the file damaged and corrupted within no time.
Allow me to bring you the first method that will fix damaged Raw files on Mac. It is by using Apple Photo Repair. How does this tool work? Apple Photo Repair keeps the Photo Library under consideration and runs to detect the problem. After detecting, it fixes the problem in good faith.
To get on with this, we suggest the users follow our lead as we will never leave you in a lurch.
1. Open the "Photos" app.
2. Exit the "Photos" app.
3. Now, the user is advised to hold down the "Command" and "Options" keys at once.
4. From there, hit the Photos thumbnail that needs to be repaired.
5. Tap the "Repair" option to initiate the process.
The user will be asked to enter their username and password of the account. Therefore, type them correctly to avoid any future inconvenience.
The next method is too ideal for existing. To repair the damaged Raw files, we tend to convert them into some other format so that the file can continue operating. The conversion of a corrupted format in another works in pretty much all situations. Therefore, keep this method in your mind whenever you face a similar issue. You can convert the file to PNG. DNG, JPEG, and TIFF and get it repaired.
Wondershare UniConverter for Mac works like a charm in converting the image formats and resizing them. If you are no familiar with how this desktop version works, let us do the work for you!
1. Install Wondershare UniConverter.
2. After it is downloaded, launch it on your Mac.
3. From the interface, find "Toolbox" located on the left side panel.
4. Hit the "Image Converter" from the menu that pops up on the page.
5. Now, from the command, the user will see a (+) button there. You have to insert the corrupted Raw file image there.
6. The thumbnail appears on the interface. Bring your editing skills to life by changing them according to your wish.
7. After you have cropped, resized, rotated, and edited the image, hit the "Convert all Images" button. Pick the format that you need to convert the image in.
8. Locate where you want to save the file and press "Convert All."
This fix is guaranteed to work. If you are unable to see this solution work, jump to the next method designed for you.
Sometimes, the issue is not with the image file but with the compatibility of the program. The Raw files are not very usual, so it is hard to find a program that works perfectly with them. For this method, we will guide the users to preview their Raw files in Adobe Photoshop from Mac. Find the steps below:
1. Locate the file on your Mac that needs to be opened on Adobe Photoshop.
2. Now hold Ctrl+Click at the same time on the targeted file.
3. Click on "Open With" and choose "Adobe Photoshop" from the menu bar that appears.
You can double click on the file as well to directly open it in Adobe Photoshop.
If after following the above steps you are still unable to resolve the issue then, download the trial version of Stellar Photo Repair Tool. This wonderful software has taken it upon itself to repair the corrupted images and videos in seconds. Follow the steps vividly to have desirable results.
Step 1: Install and Launch the Software
Download the trial version of Stellar Photo Repair Tool. After it is installed on your system, launch it.
Step 2: Adding the Infected File
Insert the damaged file by tapping on the "Add file" option. You can also drag the file to the interface.
Step 3: Commencing Repairing Process
Hit the "Repair" button so that files can be repaired and restored.
Step 4: Advanced Step
For files that did not get repaired by easy steps, just make use of the Advanced Repair Tool. Insert the sample RAW file taken in the same camera and then repair it. You can save it to a secured location afterward.
Now that you have gone through the effective methods that are guaranteed to help you get rid of the problem at hand let us have a look at some tips that encourages the user to incorporate in their lives. It will result in avoiding the corruption of RAW files forever. Let us dive right into it!
1. Avoid shooting or capturing the image if you have a low camera battery.
2. Ensure that you use different SD cards for other devices to avoid virus attacks.
3. Make sure that you mount and unmount the SD card safely.
4. Using a class 10 memory card will be better.
5. Ensure that the best brand of memory card is in your possession.
6. Avoid unstable power connection while transfer or downloading the RAW files.
7. Have free space in your storage media.
The article provided the users with seven lethal causes of damaged RAW files and four viable solutions to lose the issue once and for all. Moreover, there are tips at the end that will ensure the protection of RAW files and bring comfort to the player's life.