Here are the 5 Best Photo Managers for Mac That You Must Try!
If you own a Mac, then you might already know how tough it can be to manage your pictures and videos in one place. Since the native Photo Manger in Mac is not that resourceful, a lot of users look for third-party solutions. Therefore, to help you pick the best Photo Manager for Mac, I have come up with this post. Here, I will make you familiar with not one, but 5 photo management software for Mac that you can explore to meet your requirements.
1. Skylum Luminar Mac Photo Manager
Luminar is one of the best photo management software for Mac in 2021 as it has recently released its upgraded version. The application supports all the major photo formats and has a user-friendly interface, letting you organize your photos in one place.
- The Luminar Photo Manager is ideal for managing large photo libraries on Mac with its dedicated library panel.
- You can use it to index photos on your Mac, organize them into folders, or even upload them to the cloud.
- One of the best photo library management software, it has AI-enabled features to help you look for photos by entering keywords.
- There are tons of editing options in the Photo Manager for Mac like AI filters, portrait mode editing, color grading, noise reduction, etc.
- It supports batch processing and editing of photos.
- Users can switch between before and after results instantly.
- Tons of plug-ins and presets available.
- The overall interface can be tough to explore.
- Most of the advanced features are paid.
Price: Free or $89
2. Adobe Lightroom Photo Manager and Editor
Developed by Adobe, Lightroom is often considered the best Photo Manager for Mac. It is a helpful tool to organize your photos, create slideshows, and even perform all kinds of advanced edits on them.
- It is based on machine learning technology (Adobe Sensei) to automatically organize and manage your photos.
- This Photo Manager for Mac can be used for indexing and you can even integrate it with your Adobe Creative Cloud account.
- It has an inbuilt photo editor that can be used to apply filters, adjust color toning, add captions, and do so much more.
- There are also tons of advanced options to customize color grading, shadows, highlights, etc. in the editor.
- Lightroom comes with an inbuilt photo editor.
- AI-integrated smart search options are available.
- No one-time payment (regular subscription model can be expensive)
Price: $9.99 per month
3. Capture One Pro Mac Photo Manager
Capture One Pro is a complete image editor and photo manager for Mac that is developed by Phase One. The latest version of this best photo manager software for Mac is released in 2021, making it ideal for advanced edits.
- You can learn how to manage photos on Mac with Capture One easily via its smart AI-enabled features.
- It supports the management of all kinds of photo formats and will let you index your pictures as well.
- It also features a smart search option and would let you upload your photos to the cloud to manage your large photos library in Mac.
- You can also access tons of advanced editing options like color grading, color correction, noise reduction, HDR tools, etc.
- It supports the management and editing of RAW images.
- You can also manage catalogs with dedicated settings.
- It features several advanced editing options.
- Cloud storage is not included in the basic plan.
- Recommended to advanced users (not ideal for basic/home users).
4. Picktorial Photo Manager for Mac
If you have basic needs and don’t want to spend too much money, then you can also try Picktorial. It is considered the best free photo manager for Mac that features almost all the basic organizing and editing options.
- It has an excellent cataloging system for managing large photo libraries on Mac easily.
- You can also use the tool for RAW or Batch Conversion/Editing of your photos.
- The photo management software for Mac includes a DAM (Digital Asset Management) tool to rate, save, and organize pictures.
- You can also access tons of editing options, filters, overlays, borders, etc. in its photo editing tool.
- The basic version is free to use.
- Inbuilt search and indexing options
- Limited editing features compared to other tools.
- A lot of advanced features are not free.
Price: Free (or $4.99 per month)
5. Mylio X
Mylio X is another best free photo manager for Mac that you can consider trying. The basic version of this Photo Manager for Mac is for free, but it will give you an option to upgrade to its premium version whenever you want.
- There is an inbuilt option to organize and index your pictures (and even search them via its advanced AI option).
- The free version will let you manage up to 25K photos across three devices while the premium version supports unlimited photo management across unlimited devices.
- Apart from syncing your photos, you can also use it to automatically manage photos based on date, type, size, etc.
- There is also a lightweight photo editor that you can use to edit pictures, adjust their color tons, or add filters.
- The free basic version is pretty resourceful.
- Also supports the editing of RAW images.
- Not all features are available for free
- Lack of cloud-based integration and security options
Price: Free or $9.99 per month
By using these tools, you can easily learn how to manage photos on Mac. As you can see, I have included all kinds of solutions to manage a large photo library on Mac. If you are looking for an editor-and-organizer in one place, then you can try Luminar or Adobe Lightroom. Though, if you want to use the best free photo manager for Mac, then Mylio X or Picktorial can also be considered.