Have you ever come across any of these error codes before? “Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1607 for x64 based system KB4013429/ failed 0x80070002” Or “Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1607 for x64 based system KN4013429/ error 0x80070002
If you are seeing this error code then you are not alone and your case is not unique. It will interest you to know that many other computer users have encountered this trouble when installing applications.
Overview of the Issue
This error appears when you are installing an update or a drive. Instead of Windows to complete the installation process, the error interrupts the process and sends different messages to Windows. If you’ve not been able to complete installations because of this error do not be troubled. We have compiled all possible causes and how to fix Windows 10 update KB4013429 errors.
Blue Screen Error
This error is better fixed through the Recovery Console
- Restart PC and at the sign-in page press down the Shift Key then select the power button to Restart
- After restarting go to the options list, and select Troubleshoot and then Advanced Options. Return to the previous build
We couldn’t complete the Updates. Undoing Changes Stuck Error
This error can be resolved with an Automatic Repair
- Press the Shift key then press Restart to reboot the PC into Advanced Startup option
- Open System Setting, Go to Update and Security- Open Recovery, select Advanced Startup then choose Restart Now
- Type this “shutdown/r/o in the elevated CMD to reboot the PC to Advanced Boot option
- Boot Windows 10 with installation Media or with Recovery Drive. Choose to Repair your computer for the Advanced Startup to appear
- Run the Command prompt as the administrator and on the CMD portal enter these texts and press enter after each one-- Net stop wuauserv, Net stop bits
- Browse X:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder to delete files inside
Damaged or missing installation Files with Error Code 0x80073712
To fix this error, force a second download
- Is Disk cleanup to delete “Windows Setup temporary files”
- Open System setting
- Click Update and Security
- Click Windows Update
- Click check for updates to force a second download
Other precise Error Codes not mentioned before like the 0x80240fff, c1900, 0x8000fff, 0x80072ee2, 0x80072ee7, 0x800f0922.
To fix these errors visit the Microsoft Support page to get help on how to upgrade Windows 10 and error resolutions.
The Download stuck at Preparing Tool
To fix this kind of error restores to a previous Windows version.
- Boot to Safe Mode
- Click the Start button- Go to Accessories & System Restore then tap Next
- Choose a restore point used earlier then tap Next
- Click on Next and make sure you follow the prompt for a system restore
- Wait for your PC to restore
Windows 10 update KB4013429 errors are fixable using any of these methods we have shown you. With the error eliminated you can enjoy a stress-free installation process with no worries after now.
- Partition Management
- Solve Partition Problems
- Partition Tips