Developed by Intel the GPT partition stands for GUID partition and it is one of the newest partition tables that have been developed to make sure that the old technique of MBR partition is overcome to make sure that the hardware requirements that were once restricted through the constant upgrade are made compatible with the systems. The table is referred to as GUID as each and every part of the disk partition is “Global Unique Identifier” and for the same reason that the partition string is so long and unique as it has to hold the value of Global unique identifier The MBR limitations have been totally eliminated due to the fact that the drives that are processed as per this table are the ones which are larger in size and limits depend upon the OS and its file storing requirements. The partition number is infinite and the only finite number in this regard is the OS upon which the drive partition is to be performed.
Both of the disk partition ideas have been explained in detail in form of bullet points as under:
In order to make sure that the GPT hard drive is partitioned in the best manner it is advised to make sure that the processes that ate mentioned at the URL’s http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/GPT-disk-partition-manager/partition-gpt-disk.htm and http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/26193-convert-mbr-disk-gpt-disk.html are to be followed to make sure that the result is best and the state of the art. First of all the user needs to make sure that the MBR drive is converted to the GPT drive and it can be done with the help of the process as follows:
1. The user needs to right click the My Computer icon and then needs to select “Manage” as it can be seen in the figure below:
2. The user then needs to make sure that the option of disk management is then selected once the interface appears:
3. The user then needs to make sure that the partition that is to be changed to GPT is right clicked to select the option of “Delete Volume” as shown in the figure:
4. The user then again needs to make sure that the unallocated partition is converted to GPT as the option will come up as soon as the deleted partition is right clicked:
5. From the URL http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/GPT-disk-partition-manager/partition-gpt-disk.htm the user needs to make sure that the Ease US partition tool is downloaded, installed and run to proceed further:
6. The unallocated space is to be right clicked to create partitions to make sure that the process ends here in full:
Windows 10 is the latest operating system that has been launched by Microsoft in July this year. Since inception it is to be noted that there are several issues and the problems that are being faced by the users in this regard and for the same reason it is to be noted that the user should make sure that the best and the state of the art process is followed to do the needful. As far as the installation of the Windows 10 on GPT hard drive is concerned it is not possible till this time as the Microsoft is working to make sure that the stable version of the Windows 10 is used to make sure that the issue is resolved. It is also to be noted that using the external hard drive the dual bootable system can be created with the combination of Windows 7, 8 all edition and the 10 but installing windows 10 to a GPT drive is not possible till the time of writing this tutorial. There are several forums that can help the user in this regard and can also clear the ambiguity and following are the URL’s of some of them:
Recoverit Data Recovery is one of the best tools that could be used to make sure that the GPT partition is recovered in case of data loss and any other issue in this regard. In order to make sure that the issue is resolved the following process is to be followed in this regard:
Recoverit Data Recovery program can help you access to the lost or deleted partitions and recover your lost data from partitions. The lost partition can be computer hard disk, external hard drive, SD card, USB drive, etc.
Step 1. Download and install Recoverit Data Recovery on your computer, launch it and select the lost partition to start.
Step 2. Recoverit partition recovery will start scanning the lost partition to retrieve your data back.
Step 3. You can preview some recovered photos, videos, music, office document files. Select your files and click "Recover" buttom to get them back.
Note: Please do not save these recovered data to the same partition which you recover from.