Do you know you can now play 8K videos on your Android or iOS devices as well? Since 8K videos are becoming popular day by day, developers are coming up with dedicated 8K video players for Android/iOS devices too. Though, not every 8K 360 video player might meet your entertainment needs. Therefore, in this post, I will let you know how to play an 8K video on Android or iOS devices like a pro.
Part 1: 3 Best 8K Video Players for Android Devices
If you are looking for a reliable 8K 360 video player for your Android device, then explore the following options.
1. KMPlayer: All Video and Music Player
This is an all-in-one media player for Android devices that you can use to play videos and music. While the basic version of this 8K video player for Android is free, a few of the advanced features are restricted to VIP subscribers.
- KMPlayer fully supports the playback of videos of resolutions like 8K, 4K, 2K, and more.
- You can play media files of all the popular formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, ALV, 3GP, MP3, WAV, etc.
- Users can invert a video, flip it, or even zoom in/out during the video playback.
- The media player has a subtle UI with dedicated themes that you can customize.
- Other features include Chromecast connectivity, URL playback, playlist management, and so on.
2. SAX HD Video Player
If you want to know how to play an 8K video on Android, then you can try the SAX video player. The user interface of the 8K 360 video player is easy to explore and it will even let you manage your media files.
- You can directly load any 8K video (of all the major formats) and simply load it on the media player.
- There are dedicated options for auto-rotation, aspect control, volume adjustment, and more.
- The 8K video player Android app can also access the stored files on your device and help you manage them.
- You can also access an equalizer while playing, take screenshots of videos, and even rename/move videos.
More info: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twohdapp.saxhdvideoplayer
3. VLC for Android
VLC is already one of the most popular video players for desktops and mobiles out there. Recently, it has also updated the support for 8K video playback on its Android app that you can use for free.
- VLC for Android supports the 8K/4K video playback of all the popular formats such as FLV, AVI, MOV, MP4, and more.
- Apart from gesture control for volume, the media player also has auto-rotate and automatic aspect ratio adjustment features.
- You can also use this 8K video player for Android to play audio files, DVD ISO files, and network streams.
- The application can also be used to manage playlists, rename videos, and move them from one location to another via its Video Manager.
More info: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc
Part 2: 3 Best 8K Video Players for iOS Devices
Apart from trying any 8K video player for Android, you can also play 8K videos on iOS devices with the following apps:
1. 5K 8K Video Player
The 5K Player app is one of the top-rated video players for iOS devices that fully supports all the major video resolutions and formats. It is also pretty easy to use and has an intuitive interface.
- The 5K 8K video player for iPhone supports the playback of numerous video formats in 8K, 4K, 2K, and other resolutions.
- The application can also be used to manage your videos by making multiple playlists and queues.
- It also supports the background playback of videos, letting you watch them while multitasking on your phone.
- While the 5K 8K video player app is free, you can get its Pro subscription to disable in-app ads.
More info: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/5kplayer-1-video-player/id1525759328
2. 8Player for iOS
Developed by Universal Media Player, 8Player is another popular 8K 360 video player that you can use. The best part is that this 8K video player app is entirely free and is even available in different languages.
- You can load videos in 8K, 4K, or other resolutions as well as numerous formats on the media player.
- Apart from the videos stored on your iPhone, you can also play videos from Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
- It is also compatible with Chromecast and will let you stream videos on other devices as well.
- Not just to play videos, the app can also let you play music or load images. You can also create and manage playlists in it.
More info: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/8player/id622191019
3.Tiger Video Player
Tiger Video Player might be a newly-released video player, but it will certainly meet your basic entertainment needs for free. If you want to have an ad-free experience, then you can just upgrade to its Pro version by paying $2.99.
- The video player can instantly load videos of multiple formats and resolutions (including 8K videos).
- It fully supports all the popular video encoding schemes.
- You can also add films such as warm, cold, and black-and-white while playing a video to get a soothing experience.
- Besides loading audio tracks, you can also manually load subtitle files for any video on the app.
More info: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tiger-player/id1268658780
Part 3: Repair Corrupt 8K Videos with Wondershare Repairit
Using a reliable 8K video player for Android/iOS is not enough as there are times when we end up getting our photos corrupt. In this case, you can use Wondershare Repairit to fix all kinds of issues with your videos.
- Wondershare Repairit is extremely easy to use and will let you repair multiple videos in a batch.
- There are two dedicated repairing modes – Quick and Advanced. The Advanced mode will take more time, but it can fix all kinds of critical issues with your videos.
- Some of the common issues that Repairit can fix are blurry videos, missing fragments, corrupt header, grey areas, and more.
- The application will let you preview the results and play the repaired videos on its native interface before saving them.
- It is fully compatible with 8K, 4K, 2K, and videos of other resolutions and numerous formats (like MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, and more).
Now when you know how to play an 8K video on Android/iOS devices, you can certainly enjoy any ultra-HD video on your phone. Ideally, you can explore the 8K video player Android/iOS apps that I have listed. Most of these 8K video players for Android and iOS are available for free and will certainly meet your entertainment needs. Besides that, you can also try Wondershare Repairit to fix your corrupt and damaged 8K videos without any technical hassle.
Repair Your Files
- Document Repair
- Video Repair
- Photo Repair