If you wish to restore your system to different hardware configurations, then you have come to the right place. Too many times, Windows users need to restore the system to different devices that are not included in the original specification. To do this, they need to learn how to backup and restore to dissimilar hardware their system. In this guide, we will resolve this problem by providing a stepwise solution. Let's get it started with.
There could be plenty of reasons to backup and restore to dissimilar hardware. While you might be facing a respective issue with your system, we have listed some common reasons here.
1. To move to another system
It mostly happens when users wish to migrate to another system while keeping their applications and data safe. By recovering to dissimilar hardware, they can easily transfer their system to a new one.
2. Avoiding the risk of motherboard failure
Every thoughtful Windows user likes to prevent their motherboard from an unexpected failure. After restoring to dissimilar hardware, you would be able to avoid such an unwanted scenario.
3. Restoring the same system to different computers
If you wish to create several computers with the same configuration, then you have to backup and restore to dissimilar hardware. It is simply a faster and easier way to make system clones.
4. Recovering a failed system
Needless to say, it also allows the recovery of a failed system using different specifications. This would keep your original system safe and protected as well.
You can simply take the assistance of Windows native interface to backup and restore to dissimilar hardware. In this technique, we will first backup our system to a safe location. Later, the stored data can be used to restore Windows. Ideally, you can save the original content or make a system image file as well. To backup and restore to dissimilar hardware, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, take a backup of your Windows. To do this, go to Control Panel and select the "System and Security" or the "System and Maintenance" option.
2. Go to the Backup and Restore section and initiate the process. You can either set up a new backup or create a system image.
3. It will launch a new Wizard that can be followed to backup Windows drive. Select the type of backup and the location to save your content.
4. Wait for a while as your computer will backup your Windows or create its system image.
5. Once it is done, disconnect the USB device on which the backup is stored and connect it to dissimilar hardware.
6. Follow the same drill and under the "Backup and Restore" section, choose to restore Windows via system image or the backup file.
7. Browse the location of the backup to restore the content to any other hardware.
8. Simply provide the location to restore the backup and click on the "Restore" button.
9. Wait for a while as your computer will restore the content.
The method can be altered a little according to the version of Windows you are using. Ideally, the backup and restoration should be done on a similar kind of system to get optimum results.
There are times when during the recovery process, users face unwanted complications. While taking a backup of Windows is pretty easy, the restoring process can often cause several setbacks. Therefore, users are recommended to take the assistance of a third-party tool to restore the backup to a dissimilar hardware. The popular tool can help you do the same.
Wondershare UBackit is used to backup and restore to dissimilar hardware. It is compatible in Microsoft Windows 10 and provides an easy backup and recovery solution. You can backup and restore you hard drive data to HDD, SDD and USB flash drive as you like. The backup and restoration process is really simple and easy. And thanks to the intelligent feature of UBackit, there is no need worrying about backup and restoration failure.
Wondershare UBackit also provides a seamless solution to restore an existing backup (of your files, folders, or drive data) to any location of your choice.
Step 1 Choose the Restore Option
Firstly, go to the “Backup & Restore” feature to view the saved backups. From the list of the available backups here, just select any preferred option and click on the “View” button. Or you can click on the three-dot icon at the top right corner of the backup folder, then click "Restore" to restore the entire saved backups.
Step 2 Select any File
Now, UBackit would automatically load the content of the selected backup on its interface. You can select any files saved in this backup to restore.
Step 3 Start the Restoring Process
After selecting a file, you can preview its content on the interface. You can also click the “Restore” option to go to the next step. And a window reminding the restoration destination will pop up. You can confirm or change the destination.
You can now wait for a while as the application would start extracting the saved data from the backup. If you want, you can check the progress of the restoring process on UBackit as well.
Step 4 Complete the Restoring Process
That’s it! Once the restoring process is completed, UBackit would let you know. You can now access your data by visiting the destination location easily.
After following this guide, you would be able to easily backup and restore to dissimilar hardware. You can do it either directly from Windows or take the assistance of a third-party tool as well. Go ahead and give it a try! Feel free to share your experience with us in the comments below.