It is not uncommon to see emails getting stuck in outbox on outlook without it getting across to its recipient at the other end. While it might be frustrating to deal with, it is also a very common anomaly in emailing.
In this article, you will be learning some common causes of mails not sending on outlook and proffering some possible solutions in tackling these issues.
Both the causes and possible solutions are highlighted in simple and concise language to hit the point straight to the reader. Tips are based on well-researched work that has been proven to be effective.
For many outlook users mail not sending and getting jammed in the outbox is a very common thing. So you probably are not the only one reading this article and it likes presently.
When messages get trapped in outlook, the messages take a lot of time during sending and might eventually return unsent.
You might see queries like "error messages" after your attempt to send a message. A number of factors contribute to your outlook not sending emails from the outbox. Some of which includes:
Outlook not sending messages from outbox is common among outlook users. although it might be a bit frustrating it shouldn't be a big cause for worry. Getting your outlook to send messages without any obstructions mostly does not require any advance measures.
The steps to take might just involve simple routines that might have skipped your mind or some really basic operations.
Having discussed some of the possible causes of outlook not sending messages from the outbox, below are some tips that might help to get your outlook to send messages from outbox successfully.
1. Try re-sending the message: Did your mail return unsent? You might want to resend the message again. This can be simply done by clicking sent items on the folder pane, double-clicking the message you want to resend then on the message tab click on the action, and then click resend the message. If you have tried this and the messages remain stuck in outbox, then try out steps 2-5
2. Make sure outlook is online: Emails cannot be sent offline, you need an internet connection to send any email. So you want to be sure your internet connection is on, you can do this by simply checking on your taskbar to see if connections are available.
In cases of fluctuations in network check your outlook status bar which shows connected, trying to connect or disconnect as the case may be. Then you can adequately readjust to keep outlook online while sending your messages.
3. Clear the stuck email: if your outbox is jammed with mails being stuck in it you can simply clear the stuck emails from outbox, then try resending your messages after outbox has been cleared of stuck mails.
You can simply do this by going to the Send/Receive tab and clicking on Work Offline. This is to prevent Outlook from sending email messages that are currently in the Outbox folder.
After doing this you can then switch to Outbox, right-click the message, and select Delete.
4. Check the status of the server: It is quite possible you've lost connections with the server, your server might be down and connections lost.
Check out the status bar to know your network status, if "disconnected" or "trying to connect" is indicated this means you have lost connection with the server you might want to check with your admin for any abnormalities.
5. Change your password: Did you change your password recently? It is important that outlook is notified for the smooth running of your mails. You can simply do this on your Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, or 2010 by following these easy steps:
Click on File, select the Account Settings, within the account settings select Account Settings again. Select your account and click on Change, change your password in your log in details, within the Password box, type your new password.
However, if you are using an Office 365 subscriber with monthly updates you can simply select File, click on Account Settings and then Update Password.
Generally, messages not sending from outbox on outlook are due to issues that can be easily resolved with little or no technicalities required. Your outlook is not sending messages from outbox most likely due to the causes outlined in this article.
It is possible to have other issues resulting in your mail getting stuck in your outbox even after trying out a number of or all of the tips mentioned in this article.
If your messages still remain unsent you should seek further assistance with an expert, you might check other articles online also for further assistance on this subject. By the way, you can also learn how to fix Outlook not receiving issue emails here.
If for any reason your PST files and Outlook Express emails become corrupt and inaccessible, then the methods mentioned above should be able to help you in resolving the issue. However, if they are unable to provide a solution for the Outlook Express mail sending problems and the PST file corruption, then you can use a third-party repair tool like Outlook PST Repair to fix it. This PST repair tool can repair corrupt PST file and also recover all of its data in a relatively short period of time.
Outlook Express mail sending problems can be a source of much irritation for Outlook users. It can cause the outbox folder to become bloated. The reason for this issue is a corrupt outbox folder. There are several solutions that you can attempt for fixing this problem. However, if these solutions don't bring the desired results, then the only option left to you for troubleshooting this problem is to use a well-recommended PST repair utility like Outlook PST Repair.