Windows is more than an operating system; it's pretty much where people can create, connect, learn, and succeed. In other terms, it is the backbone of a global business, and more than a billion people depend on it today.
Recently, a meeting titled "What's Next for Windows" was held on June 24, 2021, where Microsoft spoke about Windows 11. After a few days, the company released the first preview of the new operating system for the Windows Insider Preview program members.
If you're not updated with this latest news, it can probably be confused with beta versions, release dates, new features, upgrade win 10 to win 11 free, and more. So, to help our reader, here is the complete guide; we have provided you with everything you need to know about Windows 11.
In this article
Windows 11 was unintentionally released in an official Microsoft support document in June 2021. During the June 24 media event, Microsoft announced the Windows 11 release date in "Holiday 2021," where they did not give the exact date. On June 28, Microsoft announced the release of the first preview version and is already available for beta testing on the development channel. In addition, the win 11 version will come with a free upgrade for compatible Windows 10/8/7 devices through Windows Update.
It is not vital to know that plans are always subject to change, which means Windows 11 will arrive in October. To be clear, Microsoft officials never committed to releasing Windows 11 in October, but Intel inadvertently confirmed this.
However, Windows 11 is the next evolution of Windows, packed with exclusive features including a new user interface, better integration of the Xbox app, a major update to the Microsoft Store, and more. It is also keen to focus on Personal Computer gamers this time around, saying, "If you're a gamer, Windows 11 is for you."
Win 11 includes a new design and various advanced features over Win 10 that make your navigation and experience working on the system easier and simpler, whether you use it for personal purposes, in the office, or both. Here are some most significant differences you can have in Windows 11:
1. Better multitasking feature: With the new multitasking feature, users can organize multiple windows on the screen, not only side by side but in columns, sections and more.
2. Upgraded Settings: There's a significantly improved health checker app in Settings, where Windows 11 will recommend you turn down the brightness, change the battery saving mode, and more.
3. Easier transition: With the help of the new operating system, you get features like Snap groups and Snap layouts. There is also improved support for multiple monitors, allowing easier transition between laptop and monitor without losing the location of Windows open.
4. Advanced Installation System: In Windows 11, there is an estimated installation time for Windows Update, so you can easily view if you want to delay/pause updating your system.
5. Easily attend calls and meetings: Teams is also integrated into the dock, so you can easily join meetings and family calls anytime.
6. Built-in Android Apps: The new Microsoft Store is your one-stop shop for apps and content to create, see, play, learn, and work. It has been refurbished for pace and with an all-new layout that is beautiful and simple to use. As a result, you can enjoy apps, games, shows, and movies and discover stories and curated collections with just one click.
7. Improved Assistant for Virtual Desktops: Win 11 will allow the users to set up virtual desktops to switch between multiple desktops for business, personal, school, or gaming use. You can also change your desktop background.
8. Xbox technology for better games: If you're a gamer, Windows 11 is for you. It unleashes the full potential of your system's hardware, bringing in some of the latest gaming technologies like DirectX 12 Ultimate, DirectStorage, and Auto HDR, all for a truly captivating viewing experience.
However, we have tried to tell our readers all the biggest differences between Windows 10 and Windows 11.
If you want to upgrade Win 10 to Win 11, some conditions need to be met like compatibility, license etc. But if your system cannot meet these requirements, you may face some issues while upgrading or using Win11 on your device.
So, here we have listed the basic system requirements if you want to upgrade your window to a better version, i.e., win 11.
|Processor||1 GHz or faster with two or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or system on a chip.|
|Memory||4 GB RAM|
|System Firmware||Secure Boot capable and UEFI|
|Graphics Card||DirectX 12 compatible graphics / WDDM 2.x|
|TPM||Version 2.0 TPM (Trusted Platform Module)|
|Display||Less than 9" with 720p HD Resolution|
|Internet Connection||Microsoft account and internet connectivity needed for setup Windows 11 Home|
|Storage||64 GB or larger storage device|
Generally, win 11 is free to download with Win 10 system. Still, if you want to purchase Win 11 compatible systems, you can check out Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, MicroCenter, Microsoft Store, and Costco.
Windows 11 will appear as a free upgrade for your system once it is generally available in the market. Once it's available, you can upgrade your old Windows 10 to Windows 11 by following the steps below. Watch them carefully and upgrade Windows 11 on your personal computer.
Besides, here are the steps to help our reader on "how to upgrade windows 10 to 11."
Step 1. Open Windows 10 on your computer, go to the "Settings" tab and click on the "update and security" option.
Step 2. Click on the "Windows Insider Program" from the right sidebar. Now tap the "Get Started" button, and a pop-up will appear.
Step 3. Now you have to link your Microsoft account to sign in and hit the "Continue" button.
Step 4. After log in to your account, it will show you in windows insider account. Then choose "Dev Channel" as your insider settings and switch to the "Window Update" menu.
Step 5. Click on "Check for Updates", and it will give a pop up for Windows 11 upgrade once it is released to the public.
Step 6. Now windows will show multiple updates. If you see Windows 11 upgrade in the list, click the "Download and Install" button and wait for the installation to complete, as the system will reboot several times.
Windows 11 is coming out as a new version with all the power and security of Windows 10 with a labelled visual change. It cuts off the monotonous life of Windows 10 and brings a refreshed look to your device. From the new Start menu and Windows search, every detail has been thought of to provide users with calm and ease. It also comes with new tools, touches, sounds and more to provide a refreshing experience on your PC.
Overall, win 11 is packed with many innovations focused on improving end-user productivity. If you also want to upgrade win 10 to win 11 free, follow the above steps and enjoy the unique features for free.
If you are upset from Windows 11 after upgrading, you can also Rollback from Windows 11 to Windows 10.