How to Fix Windows Blue Screen on Boot
If you've experienced a blue screen when you boot your computer, you'll know that it usually means there is something seriously wrong in your System. The blue screen on boot can be caused by many reasons, such as the hardware you installed created a conflict, a virus messed up the registry, or maybe a driver file is corrupt. Here, this article is going to walk you through a few steps that you can take to troubleshoot this bluescreen on boot. Sometimes it is easy to fix the blue screen of death.
1How to Fix the Blue Screen on Boot
Boot in safe mode
The easiest way is to boot your computer in safe mode if you can't boot it usually. Press F8 when you start the computer and go to the Control Panel, clicking on System, and then Device Manager. Go through each device category and scan all of the devices for the telltale yellow accent icon that indicates there's a device conflict. If this doesn't help, run a whole scan for the System.
Boot with a bootable CD/USB drive
If the whole system scan is also a dead end, you can fix this blue screen on boot with a professional tool, such as Microsoft Media Creation Tool, which provides you with a purely clean system environment and allows you to troubleshoot the blue screen in minutes, not as so complicated as you think.
- Microsoft’s official tool for creating installation media and ISO images with Windows 10 is Media Creation Tool. You can download the latest version here – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
- Select Download tool now, and select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
- If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
- On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
- Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10.
- Select which media you want to use:
- USB flash drive. Attach a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space. Any content on the flash drive will be deleted.
- ISO file. Save an ISO file to your PC, which you can use to create a DVD. After the file is downloaded, you can go to location where the file is saved, or select Open DVD burner, and follow the instructions to burn the file to a DVD. For more info about using an ISO file, see Additional methods for using the ISO file to install Windows 10 section below.
- After the installation media is created, follow the steps below to use it.
- After completing the steps to install Windows 10, please check that you have all the necessary device drivers installed. To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. You may also wish to visit your device manufacturer’s support site for any additional drivers that may be needed.
Video Tutorial on How to Fix Blue Screen of Death Error in Windows?
2Recover Lost Data Caused by Blue Screen on Boot
When Windows blue screen on boot issue can not be fixed, it often comes along with data lost from your hard drive. Computer hard drive data can not be inaccessible. Hence to recover your lost data back, you might need a hard drive data recovery software that can quickly recover lost data caused by Windows blue screen on boot.
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from any storage device effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, system crash under different situations.
Recoverit data recovery software is capable of restoring deleted/lost files or formatted partition from hard drive (HDD and SSD), external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, camcorder, iPod, Music Player and many kinds of mobile devices (Nokia, Blackberry phones and Phones with older Android OS than ICS). While offering the advanced recovery modes like Raw Recovery or Deep Scan Mode, it's pretty easy to use:
How to Use Data Recovery
Computer Data Recovery
- Windows PE
- System problems
- PC Errors