Aug 10, 2022 • Filed to: Support • Proven solutions
Recoverit 8.5, released in 2019, comes with many surprising updates for data recovery users. In this article, you can get to know the error tips from Recoverit 8.5 that tells you why your files are unable to preview. Besides, the post will show you the file types and formats that Recoverit supports the preview, the supported devices for recovery, as well as the FAQs from Recoverit users.
Check out the page to learn the latest updates of Recoverit Data Recovery.
Part 1. Error Tips in Recoverit Data Recovery 8.5
A great update of Recoverit 8.5 is that we offer some considerate tips and analyses for you if you find the files unable to preview or corrupt. The solutions will also be provided, which will make for your smooth data recovery using Recoverit. There are mainly 3 tips here.
Tip 1 Unable to preview because of the file corruption
The first possible reason for the file corruption is that the file is incomplete. You can wait for the complete scanning process and then preview it again. Besides, if the file itself is corrupted, it is hardly possible to preview and recover it. And if the data has been overwritten, the recovery is also very difficult.
Tip 2 This file type is not supported to preview
Recoverit 8.5 does not support to preview all formats of files to help you reduce the capacity it takes on a computer. You can recover the files directly. Normally, they are healthy and original.
Tip 3 This file exceeds max size to preview
Recoverit 8.5 supports the preview of files with less than 30 MB size, to make sure that the software can keep working normally without crash or freezing. Besides, like other software in the market, the preview of much larger files can influence the installation speed and require a larger capacity.
Part 2. The Supported File Types for Preview
Since the limit in file size, some users may wonder what types and formats of data Recoverit support. Surprisingly, almost all the common files and data can be previewed without any limit and damage. It will also not influence the space of the program occupies on your computer.
1. The Files for Recovery
Recoverit Data Recovery supports 1000+ types and formats of files to be recovered. Here are some of them.
|1000+ Types and Formats of Files for Recovery
||DOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX, PPT/PPTX, PDF, CWK, HTML/HTM, INDD, EPS, etc.
||JPG, TIFF/TIF, PEF, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD, CRW, CR2, NEF, ORF, RAF, SR2, ARW, MRW, DCR, WMF, DNG, ERF, RAW, etc.
||AVI, MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, FLV, SWF, MPG, RM/RMVB, etc.
||AIF/AIFF, M4A, MP3, WAV, WMA, MID/MIDI, OGG, AAC, MOD, etc.
||PST, DBX, EMLX, etc.
||ZIP, RAR, SIT, etc.
2. The Files for Preview
Preview files on Windows PC
||Microsoft Word - DOC, DOCX, RTF, DOT, DOTX, DOTM
||OpenOffice - ODT, OTT
||WordprocessingML - WordML
||XLS, XLSX, XLSB, XLT, XLTX
||XLTM, XLSM, XML, CSV, TSV
||Microsoft PowerPoint - PPT, PPTX, PPS, POT
||Microsoft PowerPoint - PPSX, PPTM, PPSM, POTX, POTM
||OpenOffice - ODT
||PDF, PDF/A, XPS
||MPP, MPT, MPX
||VSDX, VSX, VTX, VDX, VSSX, VSTX
||VSDM, VSSM, VSTM, VDW, VSD, VSS, VST
||TEX, CGM, XSLFO, XML, PCL, SVG
||JPG, JPEG, TIF, TIFF
||PNG, BMP, GIF
||All formats and types of audios
||MP3, AU, WAV, MIDI, OGG, AIFF, RM, WMA, RA, M4P
||M4A, ACD, AMR, AT3, CAFF, DSS, IFF, M4R, NRA, etc
||All formats and types of videos
||i.e. AVI, MOV, MKV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2
||WMV, ASF, FLV, SWF, MPG, RM/RMVB, etc
||Microsoft Outlook - MSG, PST, OST
||OFT Email - EML, EMLX, MBOX
For Mac users, don't worry. As long as you can preview the data on your Mac, Recoverit can support them.
Preview files on Mac
- All formats and types of data on your Mac
- The file size should be less than 15 MB
- If the file itself is corrupted, it fails
Part 3. The Supported Storage Media for Recovery
With the advance of technology, Recoverit can work with more and more devices, like GoPro camera, Drone camera, and Raw drive. Now, almost all the devices can be supported for data recovery.
1. Recover from All Storage Media
Windows and Mac computers
- Hard drive, USB drive, Pen drive, floppy disk, Solid State Drive, Zip drive
- Memory card, CF card, xD card, MultiMedia card, SD card, microSD card
- Digital camera, Drone camera like DJI Drone, action camera like GoPro
- Camcorder, Audio recorder, Music player, iPod (Nano, Classic & Shuffle)
- External hard disk, hard drive disk (HDD) and other storage media
2. Recover from All File Systems and OS
To meet the different needs of digital users, more and more file systems are generated. Recoverit Data Recovery always keeps pace with the trending technology. Hence, undoubtedly, it is compatible with even the latest filesystems to help users recover their important data.
Supported filesystems and OS
- Supported filesystems: FAT16, FAT 32, exFAT, NTFS, APFS, Encrypted APFS, HFS, HFS+, and even Raw file system
- Supported Windows OS: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista
- Supported Mac OS: Mac OS 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, macOS 10.12, OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9.
Part 4. FAQs of Recoverit Data Recovery 8.5
The final part is about the frequent questions from many of our users and the answers we provide for you.
Q 1 The recovered files are corrupted
If you find the files you recover using Recoverit gets damaged, it might be due to 2 causes: the files are overwritten or the scanning process is incomplete. The first thing you should do is to scan the drive once again. And the problem still exists, contact us.
Q 2 The connected device is not recognized
The undetected external device can be due to the causes:
- The disk manager can't detect the device. If this happens, try to use some inbuilt utility on a computer to fix the problem, like Command Prompt, Terminal, Disk Utility, Disk Manager, etc.
- The connection between your computer and device is not correct. Try to reconnect it once again.
- The external device or hard drive is physically damaged. Maybe you have to choose a reliable data recovery service to help you repair it.
Q 3 The scanning time is long
It has to be said that the scanning time depends on the below conditions.
- The computer data quantity. It takes a long time to scan a device with 1 TB file than that with 1 G data.
- The write-and-read speed of your device will also influence the scanning speed and time.
- Different filesystems vary in structures, so there are differences among different ones.
- Some bad sectors are existing on your device. Recoverit program needs some time to skip the bad sectors and thus the scanning time is influenced.
Those are the common puzzles from our users. If you have more questions, you can visit our online support page to seek answers and solutions. Also, you can contact us to help solve your problems.
Wanna recover your data from all storage devices more effectively and smoothly? Update to Recoverit 8.5 right now!