How to fix blue screen of death 0x00000116
Does your system face the blue screen of death 0x00000116 mainly during the booting up of the system or your system gets a restart screen with the error code 0x00000116? You must then focus on the article details to get the answer on how to fix the blue screen of death 0x00000116 offering various solutions.
Part 1: What is the blue screen of death 0x00000116?
Don't you just hate it when Windows generate a few errors? You will feel like being in a never-ending battle which makes pushes you to know its major reason. The generation of code provided by the Windows is known as BSOD (blue screen of death). It results in a few types of code and this article; we are discussing the blue screen of death 0x00000116. Certainly, the personal computer will try to reset the graphics card in the graphics card driver. When it fails, it will imply the code "blue screen of death 0x00000116". The card fails to reset because of the time frame fixed by the creators. If the graphics card fails to reset the time fix then it would result in a blue screen of death 0x00000116.
Part 2: Causes of the blue screen of death 0x00000116
There is a very famous proverb said by Thomas Edison "I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work". Yeah! We have many solutions to beat up the issues. But before you go into that analyze the cause of the blue screen of death 0x00000116. There might be many reasons for the stop code 0x00000116. You can observe from the stop code which says that the system needs the change in default files and the system fails to troubleshoot it automatically. As a result, your Windows will be crashed and also, it will display the stop code.
Here are a few reasons for the actual cause of the blue screen of death 0x00000116 such as
- The configuration of a faulty hardware driver.
- Fails to update the hardware driver.
- Debased hard drive.
- Lagging of space in RAM.
- Virus attack.
- Debased system files in Windows.
Part 3: How to fix the blue screen of death 0x00000116?
It's time to focus on the solution, not on the problem! Let us solve the problem and fix the blue screen of death 0x00000116 one by one.
Solution 1. Cross-check and updates the Windows installation
- Open the laptop or personal computer and click the button "Start". Enter the word "update".
- You will get the choice of Windows update. Tap on it and kindly check if there is any new update.
- If you found any other new update then install it and finally restart your personal computer or laptop.
Note: Once if you restart the computer then check the blue screen of death 0x00000116 is still there or not. If it persists then follow the next step.
Solution 2. Check for corrupted computer hard drive
- Tap on the start button and enter "Command Prompt". (In shortcut key, you can press Windows button + R and type cmd.)
- Just right click on the command prompt (Under Start Menu) and you will get notification and choices to access right away like administrator or not. Choose the administrator option.
- Enter the word "chkdsk/f" and press enter.
- Here, you can find the hard drive is corrupted or not. Just wait for the process to complete. Further, you can follow the instructions as described by the computer to analyze the corrupted part.
- If the hard drive is corrupted obviously, you have to change it.
Solution 3. Check for corrupted files
- Again, click on the button "start". And enter command prompt or press the shortcut key (Windows button +R, type cmd)
- As foremost said – just click on the right mouse to get the Windows command prompt. Access it as the administrator's rights. Enter the command "SFC/scannow". It will result in if you have any corrupted files in the system or not.
Note: The command which you entered will take a few minutes. So, leave it as it is and follow the instructions further.
Solution 4. Restore system
- Tap on the windows button and enter system restore.
- Access it as administrator by right-clicking on system restore and backup.
- If you have set up any password to log in as administrator then please enter the password.
- Select the recommended restore point or else you can search the date when the incident happened.
- Click on review and then select finish.
Solution 5. Update hardware drive
- Click on the button Windows and then enter the device manager. Access it as administrator by right-clicking on the device manager.
- You can update the hardware drive by right-clicking on every hardware drive. If you didn't update then it will display update is recommended. Once you update all the hardware drivers and so, your problem will vanish.
No more stop code intimating: blue screen of death 0x00000116
Solution 6. Clean system temp files
- Get the command prompt display by clicking on the button Windows.
- Just click it on right to get Windows command prompt and you will get the choice to log in as administrator. Yes, choose the administrator and enter "cleanmgr".
- Now, you will get the list of temp files which you have to delete it. Once if you delete the temp files and then restart the personal computer.
Note: Ensure whether the blue screen of death 0x00000116 still exists or not.
Solution 7. Repair Windows registry
- Click on the button Windows and enter the word command prompt. Immediately, you will get the command prompt display.
- Access it as administrator by right-clicking the Windows command prompt and enter the command line "regedit".
- There you can see the stop code directly or indirectly mentioned. Select it and choose the file menu, there, select the export option and save the entire process as Windows operating system backup.
- There you will see the save button just tap on it and automatically your file will be saved as a registry with a .reg extension.
Note: That's it! Just check if you have completed and analyzed all the points to solve the blue screen of death 0x00000116. By the way, you can also learn to fix the blue screen of death 0xc0000007f error.
Video Tutorial on How to Fix Blue Screen of Death Error in Windows?
Part 4: How to recover data if you lost data due to the blue screen of death 0x00000116?
Want to know the best part? Yes, this one is. We have listed out a few points above to tackle the issue of data loss due to the blue screen of death 0x00000116. Now use the all-in-one software recoverit to sort out all your problems in one click. It thoroughly inspects the program on your personal computer or laptop and finds out the reason of data loss. It immediately resolves the problem once if it identifies the reason behind it and recovers back any kind of data that gets lost. Let us see the steps to retrieve lost data instantly!
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from any storage device effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, system crash under different situations.
- Launch the recoverit software and install it properly. The authorized website has listed complete guidance to download and install it.
- After installation, you will get the main wizard with few options. Choose the option "System crash recovery" among the listed menus.
- Now, you have to abstract data from the system that crashed surprisingly. To do abstract data you have to create the media in bootable mode. Whenever your Windows fails to launch then you can create the bootable media. Tap on the button start.
- Connect the CD/DVD or USB to create the bootable media. Tap on the create button.
- If you have any data on the USB and so please take the backup. You will get the alert message once if the USB bootable media is created. Finally, format the USB flash drive by clicking on the format.
- Do not interrupt the process in between the process of creation. If the USB bootable flash drive is created and thus you will get a few instructions must be followed.
- Firstly, adjust to BIOS and restart the personal computer or laptop. Select the BIOS when you get the display of the first screen.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the personal computer or laptop.
- Now, you can restart the computer and retrieve the lost data instantly.
Hope you get all the details and solution for fixing the issue of the blue screen of death 0x00000116 with the methods as mentioned in the article. Another most important thing is to know about the process that will assist in retrieving back the lost data. The all-in-one"recoverit" software from Wondershare is designed for all types of users, not just the professionals. A user without any technical knowledge can also access recoverit easily with the guidance provided in the recoverit website.
Computer Data Recovery
- Windows PE
- System problems
- PC Errors