The Operating System, especially Windows, that we use to perform a variety of functions, runs through a complex combination of files. These files occupy numerous locations inside the Operating System. Whenever there are certain missing files within the Operating System, one faces the issue of Error 15 file not found.
For the ones who are facing the Error 15 File not found error, you should perform an error scan to solve the issue.
In the following article, we discuss the methods that can come in useful to solve the Error 15 file not found an error. This can be done, both manually, and automatically. Some alerts can be a hindrance to your work when it comes to the Error 15 file not found a message that you might see while working on one of the variants of Windows.
What can we understand by Error 15 file not found an error?
Before we begin with the troubleshooting process, it is important to understand what is the Error 15 file not found error, and what implications it has for our Operating System. The Error 15 file not found error code is the hexadecimal format of the error that has been caused. This is one of the most common error code formats that are utilized by Windows in addition to the other Microsoft Windows compatible programs and device drive suppliers.
The code is essential because it is required by the supplier to identify the error that has been caused. The Error 15 file not found error code also contains a numeric value and specialized description. It is not unusual for the error message to have more factors in the Error 15 file not found Windows formatting. The addition of the hexadecimal code is the location of your memory regions where the directions are being loaded at the time of the error code.
What is the cause of Error 15 File not found code?
How can one resolve the error if the cause is unknown? In this section, we understand the cause behind the Error 15 file not found code. This error is usually because of the Microsoft Windows system file malfunction. One must realize that the corrupted system data files are a potentially serious risk to the routine functioning of any machine.
So, what are the events that can cause this system file error? This could be a result of the incomplete installation or an unfinished installation that could have been hindered by a corrupted file. It could also be a result of improper erasure of programs or components. This can also be caused by malware or adware or spyware invasion, or if you have been shutting down your system in an improper manner. Any of the listed events can be critical to the functioning of your system. They can lead in the erasure or data corruption of the Windows System files. In the presence of a corrupted file system, one can find absence or erroneously linked documents and files needed for the smooth functioning of any Windows program.
How to repair the Error 15 File not found an issue in Windows?
We will discuss two methods to repair the Error 15 file not found in Windows:
Advanced Computer User Resolution (manual):
- Sign in the administrator after switching on your computer.
- You then have to click on the Start button, click on "˜All Programs', "˜Accessories', "˜Tools', after which you'll have to select System Restore.
- From the next window, you can select "˜Restore my PC to a prior period', and then you are supposed to click on Next.
- Pick the most current "˜System Restore' data that is available within the "˜Click a restore date' list, and then click on Next.
- In the verification screen, click on "˜Next'.
- You then need to reboot the computer after the rescue has been completed.
Beginner Resolution (totally automatic):
This is another step if you are looking to fix the Error 15 file not found an issue with your system:
- Download and open the (Error 15 File Not Found Windows 7) restoration software program.
- You then have to install the application, and merely click on the Scan button in the software.
- You are then required to click on the "˜Repair Errors' button in the software when the diagnostic scan has been finished.
- Reboot and finish the process.
Running the SFC Command to deal with Corrupted Files:
Since corrupted files are a major reason behind the Error 15 file found code, we deal with a method to remove the corrupted files.
- The process has to be carried out from the Administrator Command Prompt window. If you are using Windows 10, you can simply right-click on the Start button, select "˜Command Prompt (Admin)', and if you are using a different version of Windows, you can access it by searching the Start Menu for Command Prompt, right-click over it, and select the option of "˜Run as Administrator'.
- You then have to type the following command into the Command Prompt window, and press Enter. This would help you to run a complete system scan: sfc/scannow
- You can then leave the command prompt window open until the command completes its execution. This can take a while depending on the condition of the system. If no error is detected by the command, you'll see a message which would say, "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".
- However, if you see an alternate message which might read, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them", you have to carry out the reboot in safe mode before doing anything else. For the ones who are using Windows 10, accessing the Safe Mode might be tricky as the booting takes place in a very short amount of time, but it can be done by holding the Shift key while clicking the restart option which will allow them to access the advanced boot options menu. For the earlier variants of Windows, one has to hold up the F8 key while the booting takes place. You then have to run the above command in the safe mode.
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from any storage device effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, system crash under different situations.
Rescue & Fix Files
- Recover Document Files
- Repair Document Files
- Recover & Repair More
- Clear & Delete File