Windows 10 is the most current operating system released by Microsoft. If you’ve recently upgraded or installed Windows 10 to your computer, you might encounter some problems. Sometimes when you start up your computer, your screen will just freeze or you might experience your system to crash upon startup. In this article, we’ll provide you with solutions on how you can fix this.
This error occurs for many different reasons. If we’re talking about the basic reasons, one cause for this is a bad power supply. In this case, you may want to check if everything is plugged in correctly and securely. Overheating is another issue that may cause this problem. If we go deep into the cause, we may want to look into the hard disk and the motherboard. There may be problems with them that are causing the crash.
If you think you’ve already figured out the cause for the system crash, it’s now time to fix it. Here are sure ways to fix when Windows 10 Crashed on Startup.
The fast startup option helps start your PC faster after shutdown. This may be the reason why your system crashes each time you turn it on.
1. In the Search bar, type in Power. The best match that will appear is Power & sleep settings, click on it.
2. A settings window will open. Related settings, select Additional power settings.
3. On the left-side menu, select Choose what the power button does
4. Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
5.Unmark the box beside Turn on fast startup (recommended). This can be found under Shutdown settings.
6. Click on the Save changes button at the bottom of the window.
7. Perform a restart of your PC.
Sometimes, errors like this are caused by an outdated driver. For this, you will need to update them by following these steps:
1. In the Start Menu or Search bar, type in Settings.
2. Go to Update & Security and locate Windows Update.
3.Select the Check for updates which will be found under Update status
You can also do this by using the Device Manager. Follow the steps below.
1.Type in Device Manager in the Settings. Look for the device driver you want to update.
2. Right-click on the device and click on Update Driver in the drop-down menu.
3.A window asking How do you want to search for drivers? will pop up. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
4. Now your driver is updated.
Sometimes, devices plugged into the USB port might interfere with your computer. This includes gadgets like monitors, mouse, keyboard, earphones, microphones, USB flash drives, and external hard drives. Try unplugging them and see if the error still exists by restarting your PC.
AppX Deployment Service or AppXSVC is a process built-in to Windows computers. It is involved in many processes in your PC like installations and updates. By stopping this, we can hopefully fix the Windows 10 crash. Follow the instructions below:
1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard. This will launch Run. You can also type in Run in the Search bar.
2. Type in regedit in the Run box and hit OK.
3. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder. Then go to SYSTEM. Under SYSTEM, go to ControlSet001, then go to Services.
4. Locate the AppXSvc folder. Open it and look for the Start icon. Make a double-click on the icon.
5. You will be asked to fill in the value data. Type in 4. Select the OK button.
6. Restart your PC to check if the error is still there.
If all else fails, you can always resort to Windows 10 Recovery options. This will revert your PC to a previous state at a certain point in time. This may be a solution to this error. You can do this by following the instructions below:
1. Go to Control Panel in the Start menu or by typing it in the search bar.
2. Under Recovery, click on Open System Restore. This will undo recent system changes but leave files such as documents, pictures, and music unchanged.
3.Select Next to proceed when the System Restore window pops up.
4. System Restore window will show you a list to what point you can restore your PC settings. Select from the list and click on Next.
5. Select the Finish button to start the process.
6. A prompt saying Once started, System Restore cannot be interrupted. Do you want to continue? Select Yes to proceed.
When your PC crashes, it may be very inconvenient especially if you’re working on something school or work-related. The much harder thing is that you can’t even look up on the internet for solutions using your computer because you can’t even get it to start. With the use of any of the solutions above, hopefully, you fix your PC’s Windows 10 crashes.