Some of my photos have recently been corrupted and I can’t seem to fix them. Is there any free JPEG repair tool that I can try to fix them without spending anything?
As a reader asked us this question recently, it got us thinking that a lot of other people could be facing a similar issue as well. Most of the photo repair tools out there come with a heavy price. Therefore, if you want to fix your corrupt or damaged photos without causing a dent in your pocket, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will let you know about the solutions to repairing JPEG photos online and offline.
Solution 1. Free Online Solution to Repair JPEG Photos
If you are looking for how to repair corrupted jpeg files online free, then you can give Office Recovery Online a try. Simply head to its website, load the corrupt photo, and start the repairing process. Yes – it is really as simple as that. In order to perform a batch recovery, you can simply download the Office Recovery Offline Suite. Also, if you want to repair multiple photos, then you need to buy its paid subscription.
- The online JPEG repair tool supports leading formats like JPEG, JPG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, BMP, and RAW.
- Users can load photos from a system’s internal storage or connected external media.
- No additional charges are applied to repair photos.
- You would have to upload one photo at a time.
If you cross the limit or would like to perform a batch corrupted images recovery online, then you can buy its subscription. For instance, it costs $59 for 30 jobs, $99 for 100 jobs, and so on.
- The JPEG repair tool online is available for free and doesn’t have any hidden charges.
- It is extremely easy to use.
- It supports JPEG, JPG, PNG, and other common photo formats
- To perform a batch damaged jpeg repair, users need to get its paid subscription.
- For a free version, there is no provision to upload multiple photos. Users can only repair one photo at a time.
- The photo repairing algorithm doesn’t have an impressive success rate.
- The paid subscription fee is expensive
How to Use the Freeware to Repair Corrupted JPEG Files Online
Using Office Recovery Online is extremely easy. It doesn’t matter if you have a Mac, Windows, or even a smartphone – the process is the same for every device. Since it is a web-based solution, it works on all the platforms and can be accessed via a web browser. To use it, just follow these simple steps:
- Just go to the official Office Recovery photo repair page. Click on the “Choose File” button to upload any photo.
- This will launch a browser window so that you can visit the location where the respective photo is saved. Select any JPEG file and load it. Remember, you can only open one file at a time.
- Simply wait for a while as your photo would be loaded by the application. It will start repairing the corrupt photo by applying its sophisticated algorithm.
- In the end, the interface will inform you when the process is completed. Just click on the “Get the Repaired File” button to download the repaired photo on your system.
As the free online JPEG repair software has no a high rate to recover corrupted images successfully, sometimes you have to resort to offline photo repair methods.
Solution 2. Offline Method to Repair JPEG/JPG/PNG Images
Since the first method is a freely available online solution, a lot of times it doesn’t yield the desired results. If you are not able to repair your photos with Office Recovery online, then don’t worry. Simply take the assistance of Stellar Photo Repair software and retrieve all kinds of corrupt or damaged images. The JPEG repair tool is extremely easy to use and can perform a batch operation. Available for both Windows and Mac, it features a highly advanced algorithm to repair all kinds of files.
More importantly, this photo repair tool can help you recover different formats of damaged images, like JPEG, JPG, PNG, RAW, TIFF, etc. It supports various photo storage devices.
- The application can repair corrupt and damaged JPEG files under different scenarios like pixilated image, split picture, blurred, grey patches, and more.
- It has an easy to use interface and doesn’t require any prior technical knowledge.
- Users can fix corrupt photos from a system’s internal storage or any external connected media.
- You can load as many photos as you want and repair multiple JPEG files in one go.
- The tool can also extract and repair thumbnails of corrupt JPEG files as well.
- A free trial version is also available for the application.
In order to use Stellar JPEG repair tool, the following steps can be taken.
- Launch Stellar Repair whenever you wish to repair your corrupt photos. Click on the “Add File” button to load photos from your Mac or Windows system.
- A browser window will open so that you can locate the photos of your choice. Ideally, you can load as many photos as you want. Even after the photos are loaded, you can add or remove any file.
- To start the process, just click on the “Repair” button. This will initiate the process and start repairing the loaded photos. Just wait for a while and make sure the application is not closed. An on-screen indicator will show the progress.
- Once the process is completed, the interface will display all the repaired photos. You can just preview the photos on the interface and select the ones you wish to restore.
- After making the appropriate selections, click on the “Save” button. In the end, you can just save these photos to any location.
That’s it! By taking the assistance of these online or offline tools, you can easily repair your photos. If you want to save your time and repair all kinds of corrupt photos, then simply give Stellar JPEG repair tool a try. It can help you restore multiple photos in no time and repair grey boxes, blurs, split images, and all the other related damages. Feel free to give it a try and share your experience with others as well.
Solve Media File Problems
- Recover & Repair Photos
- Recover & Repair Videos
- Recover & Repair Audio
- Recover & Repair Cameras