Video Fixer to Repair Corrupt/Damaged Video Files
Q: What is the Best Video Repair Software?
"My videos are corrupt and I don't know why. I must repair them but I am at a loss on which video repair software can get the job done completely. I would appreciate your kind suggestions, please"
It is fun to watch videos until they start misbehaving. This article will show you some of the most common errors you can expect to face when playing video files, no matter the format. Don't panic! You will also be taught how to fix the video errors with a complete video fixer.
Part 1: Common Video Errors When Playing Files
There are many errors that video files are prone to having but this section will highlight the major ones you should look out for.
- Error Preventing Video from Playing: This error occurs when Windows Media Player is unable to play a video file because the file format is not supported. WMP is not an open-source player, therefore, it doesn't support every video format. Thus if you try to play a video in an unsupported format, expect an error message like this:
- Error in Codecs: Video and audio codecs are necessary for effective audio-video sync and playing of videos. If you use the wrong ones or if they get missing, it could lead to an error
- Issues with Video Playback: This means that your video is experiencing lags, freezing, or even goes pitch black while playing. This error occurs mostly because of incompatibility between the video file and the media player or your media player is not supported by your computer. (Fix video playback issues.)
- Videos Refusing to Play on YouTube: This video error is peculiar to YouTube whereby videos refuse to load online. This could be caused by an error from the server or a poor network connection.
- The player is Unable to Read File: This error is common in situations where the video file is broken. This renders it inaccessible or unreadable by the media player in use. Video files can get broken from incomplete downloads that corrupt the files.
Part 2: Video Corruption Signs When Playing Files
When video files get corrupt, you can recognize that from observing certain signs. Here, you will learn how to know if your video is corrupt, as well as the reasons behind it.
- Frozen Screen or Frame: If you are playing a video and there is an interruption from multiple simultaneous downloads or unstable connection of the internet, it could cause the video frame to freeze. Again, an issue with your graphics and display drivers can cause videos to freeze.
- Green Screen: When you are playing a video and the screen goes green, then it could be from video corruption. In this case, the corruption can be from outdated graphics drivers, infected third-party software, a bad media player, or a flash player that's unsupportive.
- Black Screen: If your video continually crashes while you are playing it, then it is a sign of corruption. Video crash often leads to complete blackness. Black screen happens due to reading/write errors of video files, compression and decompression issues; virus attack, and graphics card issues.
- Distorted Video: Your video may get distorted or jerky while playing. The causes of this symptom range from interference in radio frequency or electromagnetic interference. All these points to corruption.
- Error Messages: This is a major indication that your video file is corrupted. Error messages appear when you are trying to play a video; it states why the video cannot be played. Different errors come with different messages, an example is shown below:
Part 3: What Can Be Called Complete Video Fixer?
What makes a video fixer complete? Read on and you will know the factors that make a video fixer complete and how those factors differentiate it from ordinary fixers.
1. Ability to Fulfill Repair Claims:
The first factor that must be checked when deciding if a software is a complete video fixer or not is whether it can meet up with its claims on repairing or fixing videos. This can be found out from customer reviews. A complete video fixer should be able to fix a vast number of video corruption cases, which include, but not limited to:
- The video starts playing but stops in the process
- Video encounters playback errors
- Error messages pop up when you try to play videos
- Video plays but audio refuses to play at the same time
- Video and audio do not sync
If a video fixer can effectively handle the above issues and many more, then it can be termed a complete video fixer.
2. Ability to Repair Videos in Multiple Formats
Videos come in different formats such as MPEG, MOV, AVI, AVCHD, 3G2, MP4, M4V, etc. Therefore, a tool that must be called a complete video fixer must be capable of supporting video repair in virtually all video formats.
3. Trusted Manufacturer:
For a video repair tool to be called complete, it must be from a trusted software developer. It will be difficult to expect a great tool from a developer that has proven to be lacking in manufacturing programs and software.
4. Secure and Safe:
A complete video fixer must be a hundred percent safe and secure. It is often seen that many software tend to bring with them malware when downloaded. Therefore, for a tool to be called a complete video fixer, it has to be free of such infestation.
Video Tutorial on How to Repair Corrupted MP4 Video Files
Part 4: All-Around Video Fixer for Video Problems Troubleshooting
It is easy to see video fixers online which claim to solve all kinds of video corruption but few are tested and trusted. It takes a tool like Recoverit Video Repair to completely repair your corrupt videos in a lossless process. What makes this tool special, or different from the rest?
1. About Wondershare Repairit Video Repair
Wondershare Repairit Video Repair handles video repairs in all sorts of formats as MOV, M2TS, FLV, MTS, MKV, 3GP, MP4, and AVI, among others. This tool has many great basic and advanced features which include the following:
- It has an interface that is both user-friendly and intuitive
- With Recoverit Video Repair, you can fix video files in different operating systems such as Mac OS (10.9-10.15) and Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10)
- It allows for a free scan of your system to retrieve corrupt videos, to repair, preview, and save them in the location of your choice.
- It can handle the simultaneous repair of videos of several different formats.
- Built within this tool is the ability to fix videos that get corrupt during editing, transfer, shoot, processing, or conversion.
2. Why is Wondershare Repairit Video Repair a Complete Video Fixer?
Wondershare Repairit Video Repair fits into the category of complete video fixers earlier mentioned. However, to be more specific, it is a complete video fixer because of the following reasons.
It can handle such video corruption scenarios like video file header and system corruption, corruption on the video frame, slider, sound section, video section; video-audio sync issues interrupted video playback, frozen, blurry, and grainy videos; as well as videos that flicker.
It can repair videos that have been corrupted due to the following reasons:
- Error from your SD memory card, file transfer, file read/write, etc.
- An attack from a virus
- Corruption from using unreliable or insecure third-party media players for videos
- System shutdown or system crash.
- An issue from video compression/decompression
It can repair videos from many varying devices such as SD cards, digital cameras, computer hard drives, camcorders, memory cards, external hard disk, action cameras, USB flash drives, camera drones, and so on.
3. How to Repair Corrupt or Damaged Video Files
With the steps enumerated below, you can fix corrupt videos on Wondershare Repairit without having to seek for tech experts:
Step 1: Add Corrupt Videos
Add the video you want to repair on the software's interface.
Step 2: Start the Repair Process
This step applies to videos you want to repair using one of the tools repair modes: Quick Repair. This will simply remove the errors in your corrupted videos once you click "Repair".
Step 3: Preview and Save Video
Wondershare Repairit lets you preview the files from which errors have been scanned and removed. Next, you can save the files when you click "Save".
Step 4: Add a Sample Video
This step is only for the second repair mode: Advance Repair. This mode works for badly damaged videos whereby Recoverit uses the information in a working sample file to repair your corrupt video file. Start this mode by selecting a sample file and adding it to the interface.
Step 5: Save Video
This is the final step where you get to save all the repaired video files. Just click the "Save" or "Save All" button to save the repaired video.
Part 5: Video Fixer Suggestions Against Video Issues
It is the little tricks and tips that help circumvent the big issues. This is why this part talks about some measures you can take to keep having those clean videos.
- Do Not Be Careless in Receiving Files: Ensure you receive video files from only trusted devices. This is because most times when files get transferred to your device, they could be carrying a virus or two with them, and you know how damaging a virus can be.
- Download Video Files Only from Trusted Sources: Also, do not be indiscriminate in downloading videos from different sites online. This is to avoid the same virus infestation as mentioned above.
- Pay Attention to the Conversion Software You Use: Avoid the error that comes from using insecure conversion tools and processes by taking note of the software you use for conversion.
- Properly Eject Drives: Ensure drives are properly ejected from your file manager before pulling them out of the hardware. Do not just remove your drives from your computer without proper ejecting. This is to prevent causing harm to your system as a whole.
- Frequently Update Software: The software applications concerned with representing and playing your videos are Operating System, File manager, and Media player. Because these applications are actively involved in the playing of your videos, you must keep them up to date to ensure their effectiveness.
Having gone through this piece, your knowledge should be increased on all you need to know about video corruption, repair, and choosing a complete video fixer to use.
Solve Media File Problems
- Recover & Repair Photos
- Recover & Repair Videos
- Recover & Repair Audio
- Recover & Repair Cameras