Computers have become quite unavoidable. Almost every career or work would require you to use a computer. So it is important to have basic knowledge about using a computer. But since there are countless number of things to learn as far as a computer is concerned, there would be numerous times when an error would pop up. This would slow you down. So make sure that you use the internet to learn about the error. Solutions would also be available on the net. One of the most common errors is the Unknown USB device error. This article would help you out when it comes to solving the issue.
If the error persists, then your USB device would not be recognised by the Windows 10. When and if you open the device manager, then you would receive an Unknown USD device( Device Descriptor Request Failed) along with the other bus controllers names. A yellow triangle would be shown along with the error.
There are two basic troubleshooting methods:
remove the power supply from the computer and then restart the computer. Once this is done, insert the device for one more time. Then insert the power supply. If the problem is related to some sort of background program or something related to a software that has been used, then the device would get detected perfectly.
The next step would be to uninstall the USB device driver. Open the device manager and then right click on the name of the error. This would bring up an uninstall option. Click on this option and the device driver would be uninstalled from the computer. Now that the driver is not present in the computer, restart the computer. When the computer boots up, the computer would reinstall the driver by its own.
1. Press the windows key and the letter R together.
2. Type ‘control’ in the run dialog box that appears. Control panel will show up.
3. Choose the power options.
4. Click on “Choose what the power buttons do”.
5. Click the option chance settings that are currently unavailable’.
6. Uncheck the box right next to the Turn on fast start up. Save the changes that you just made.
Follow the previous steps up to opening the control panel.
1. Click power options and choose the option ‘show additional plans’.
2. Click on “change settings that are currently unavailable".
3. Choose the high performance and then click the ‘change plan settings’.
4. Choose “Change advanced power settings”.
5. Click ‘change settings that are currently unavailable’
6. Locate the USB settings and click on it. Expand the USB Selective suspend settings. Disable On battery and plugged in.
Ensure that you apply the settings. The settings would only come into effect after the computer is restarted.
Unknown USB device error is a very common error. Make sure that you follow all the steps given above carefully. If the problem persists, even after these steps then it would be wise to consult an expert.