Since the release of ChatGPT, AI has become quite a buzzword. The generative AI model has shown us unimaginable potential, opening numerous new doors for us. One of these leads to cybersecurity, where companies have been actively using AI to protect us from constant threats in the digital landscape.
In this article, we'll dive deep into the current state of AI and examine its importance in the cybersecurity industry. Moreover, we'll explore some of the world's top AI cybersecurity companies, mention some of the best upcoming businesses, and show you additional backup options for AI security software.
In this article
The Importance of AI in Cybersecurity
The ultimate goal of creating every AI tool is to replicate human intelligence, giving the machine the power to solve incredibly complex problems like a person would. As such, AI is a sophisticated tool with many uses and has massive potential in numerous industries, including cybersecurity.
Security researchers can train AI systems to detect internet threats, identify the newest viruses and malware, and protect a company's data. When done correctly, AI engines can be highly effective in cybersecurity, becoming an important safety net for catching threats.
They also bring massive improvements into the cybersecurity game, including some of the following:
- ⌛AI Systems Can Learn Over Time – Machine learning and deep learning are two vitally important aspects of artificial intelligence. With these sophisticated learning algorithms, AI systems can analyze and train on enormous amounts of data, recognizing patterns and learning to identify security incidents before they happen. They can also get better at these tasks with time.
- 🧰Ability to Handle Massive Datasets – The amount of data that goes through a conglomerate or a larger enterprise is massive. Not even a large team of cybersecurity experts could review this data and look for potential threats manually. However, AI can, as AI security software can quickly sift through massive datasets, improving the company's overall protection.
- 🚀Faster Detection and Responses – Integrating AI into security software means cybersecurity tools can respond to threats much quicker than a human expert ever could. Namely, these AI engines can swiftly scan the entire system, identifying and responding to potential hazards at the speed of light, even if these are unidentified threats.
- 👍Elimination of Repetitive and Time-Consuming Tasks – Human security experts had to manually scan vast data sets and identify potential threats before AI. Today, that's all changed, as AI security software can handle these tedious and repetitive tasks, allowing human security engineers to focus on other vital aspects of the job.
- 🤖 Effective Response to Malicious Bots – Malicious bots have been a severe threat for the past few years. These bots can steal or corrupt data and spread malware, replicating at the speed of light, but AI security software can effectively stop them, as it quickly recognizes and blocks their patterns.
Top AI Cybersecurity Companies
Now that we know more about AI and its role on the cybersecurity horizon, we can jump straight into the best security companies that have utilized AI's power in their protection measures. Below is a list of the world's top seven AI cybersecurity companies, so let's dive right in.
Founded in 2011, Crowdstrike is a cybersecurity company from the US. Its AI security software, Falcon, uses machine learning algorithms to prevent cyberattacks, and the company specializes in endpoint security.
Moreover, Crowdstrike's Falcon AI has state-of-the-user behavior analysis systems, significantly helping businesses in the threat intelligence and incident response areas. Many healthcare, retail, and finance companies use Falcon's automatic threat investigation and analysis features.
👉Learn more about Crowdstrike.
Established precisely a decade ago, Darktrace is a British AI cybersecurity company dealing in cyberattack prevention and interruption. The company's headquarters are in Cambridge, England, but Darktrace has over 30 offices worldwide and operates globally.
Its state-of-the-art AI cybersecurity solution, Enterprise Immune System, proactively uses artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning algorithms to detect and immediately respond to cyberattacks. Moreover, the company's Antigena AI security software can automatically handle cyber threats without user input.
👉Learn more about Darktrace.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, and founded by Stuart McClure in 2012, Cylance is one of the world's first AI security companies. Its founder, McClure, is well-known in the industry, running Foundstone from 1999 to 2004 and then moving to McAfee before starting another security company.
Today, Cylance products like Protect, Optics, Threat Zero, and Smart Antivirus actively leverage the power of AI for endpoint security systems, anti-malware tools, threat intelligence weapons, and antivirus systems.
👉Learn more about Cylance here.
Utilized by numerous Fortune 500 businesses, Fortinet is one of the leading AI cybersecurity companies in the world. This US-based heavy-hitter from Sunnyvale, California, was founded in 2000 and provides various AI cybersecurity solutions for all parts of the IT infrastructure.
For example, the company's FortiGate firewall uses AI for threat intelligence, automation, and real-time actions. On the other hand, the AI-based FortiWeb uses machine learning to detect threats by analyzing networks and calculating probabilities.
👉Learn more about Fortinet.
Famous for its firewall and Norton antivirus tools, Symantec is a well-known software company headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, and Tempe, Arizona, that has been around since 1982. In 2019, it was rebranded into NortonLifeLock Inc. and acquired by Broadcom.
Since then, the famous software company has dabbled with AI cybersecurity solutions, expanding its cyber threat detection and prevention systems. Nowadays, Symantec Endpoint Protection and SymantecAI are among the best threat analysis and remediation tools.
👉Learn more about Symantec.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Tessian is an AI security company specializing in email filters. Its AI-based approach with customizable filters and a real-time dashboard can help security experts easily track incoming and outgoing emails. This will protect many companies from security breaches, malicious email attachments, and phishing attacks.
Moreover, Tessian offers various security solutions, including ones that prevent harmful emails and those that protect against data loss.
👉Learn more about Tessian.
Palo Alto Networks
Based in Santa Clara, California, Palo Alto Networks is one of the world's top-rated AI security companies. Since its founding in 2005, it has provided various cybersecurity tools like cloud security, firewalls, threat detection systems, and endpoint protections.
Palo Alto Networks' all-in-one Cortex XDR has behavioral analytics tools and uses machine and deep learning algorithms for detecting, identifying, and responding to cyberattacks. The system leverages AI to protect companies like Salesforce from threats actively.
👉Learn more about Palo Alto Networks.
Upcoming AI Security Companies to Watch For
The abovementioned AI cybersecurity companies are only our top picks, but the industry is experiencing a massive boom, with new companies hitting the market almost weekly. Mentioning the upcoming AI cybersecurity companies is necessary, as these tech businesses are already changing the game and how we deal with cyber threats.
- BigID – Based in New York, US, this American software company makes AI-based data security, privacy, and governance tools, and the company's new BigAI and BigChat are bound to make a big difference.
- Coro – While the Chicago-based company is relatively new, Coro is recognized as an industry leader. It's one platform with many modules, saving great time and money for building a cybersecurity stack.
- Protect AI – Employing top machine learning security experts, Protect AI is a relatively new security company looking into patching unique exploits and creating risk reduction tools.
There are many more upcoming AI cybersecurity companies, and the future of AI in the cybersecurity industry is looking brighter than ever.
Organizations and Individuals Still Need Backup Options
Although they've significantly evolved in the past few years and are now excellent, cybersecurity solutions are still imperfect. They have a long way to go until they can fully protect our systems. It means we're still vulnerable to advanced cyberattacks, often devastatingly damaging our computer systems, with extensive data loss being a massive problem.
With dedicated data recovery apps in your arsenal, your data will be safe and secured, and you'll have nothing to worry about regarding lost or corrupted data.Wondershare Recoverit is a prime example of such a data recovery tool. With it, you can quickly recover documents, photos, music files, and videos, regardless of the situation that leads to data loss. Whether you've mistakenly deleted data, exposed them to malware, had a failing disk drive, or been a victim of an advanced cyberattack, Wondeshare Recoverit can help.
Here's what you'll need to do:
- Open Wondershare Recoverit on your PC and click on Hard Drives and Locations on the left side of the screen.
- Select a disk drive holding your vital data, and the app will automatically commence a full scan.
- You can add various file filters and adjust them to pinpoint the search.
- Adding keywords can further speed up the scanning process.
- Once the app starts finding files, you can preview them to ensure those are the files you're looking for.
- If you're satisfied with the previewed file, recover it to your PC. Alternatively, you can pause or stop the scan anytime and save all the found files to a safe location.
That's it, as that's all there is to using Wondershare Recoverit. Of course, you can repeat the recovery process on other drives or storage devices. The app supports Macs, Windows PCs, laptops, USBs, internal disk drives, external storage devices, NAS servers, etc.
Furthermore, whatever type of file you're looking for, Wondershare Recoverit has you covered, as the app can find and restore over 1,000 file types.
AI algorithms have brought a welcome change to cybersecurity and threat management. These artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms provide numerous advantages to our endpoint security systems, including faster detection and response times, task automation, and constant learning and adjustment to new threats. Many cybersecurity companies are catching up with this tide and sailing forward.
However, AI cybersecurity solutions like Fortinet, Darktrace, and Crowdstrike still have a long way to go and could be better. While quite advanced and sophisticated, they don't yet make our computers entirely immune to cyber threats, and data loss can be a terrible consequence of these imperfections.
Fortunately, dedicated data recovery tools have also evolved in the last few years alongside AI cybersecurity solutions. Tools like Wondershare Recoverit now represent an excellent backup solution in situations where AI security software doesn't stop the threat, creating a world where data is finally safe.