In the given article, we discuss how you can fix the issue if your computer restarts automatically. It is important to note that the computer restarting itself automatically can be frustrating as it can lead to work being lost, data being lost, and other loss of information. Imagine being in the middle of the presentation and watching your system reboot itself. Computer restarts automatically due to the faulty settings that are causing the damage. This can be attributed to the bugs in Windows 10 or simply the settings that come along the hardware. Below, we discuss how to resolve the issue.
By taking the following steps, we can disable the settings, thus solving the issue where the computer restarts automatically.
1. One can edit their local group policy settings to force Windows update to only download the updates. However, you must wait for your install (and therefore reboot).
2. In the start menu, type "˜Group', and then click on "˜Edit group policy'. You can expand, "˜Computer Configuration'' Administrative Templates'Windows ComponentsWindows update.
3. You should then follow it by double-clicking on "˜Configure Automatic Updates' and ensure that you enable the policy and configure so as it's needed.
4. You must then head back to "˜Windows Update' and click on "˜Check for Updates', and once you are finished, click on the "˜Advanced Options'. The new settings should be enforced.
5. You can then perform a small test where you download a Windows update, and when they are finished, wait for the notification for installation.
6. Click on "˜Install now', and you shall see that a computer reboot is not necessary to get the job done.
The same can be achieved by tweaking the registry. When the computer restarts automatically, there is more than just making some changes to the settings. For the ones who don't have a technical background, this method can come in to be useful as well.
Using the above steps, one can solve the issue where the computer restarts automatically.
Also, there can be instances when the computer crashes randomly and then restarts automatically. We shall discuss how to overcome the issue of computer restarts automatically in the case of conflicting programs in the section below.
Often, the blue screen error occurs because the Windows have not been updated for a while. One can go to the search box on the taskbar, look up for Windows update, and select the same option. On the page of Windows Update, you can check for updates, and thus, install the necessary updates.
In rare occurrences, the introduction of hardware to your system can cause a blue screen error. For the ones who are experiencing such an issue, it is advisable to remove the USB Drive or any other hardware device that has been installed, shut down the PC. You can then turn on the PC.
There are instances when the computer restarts automatically after the blue screen error, thus giving you access to your desktop.
If you are still able to access the desktop, you must make sure to uninstall the update that is causing the error in the first place. In case you are unsure of any specific update, you are required to uninstall a set of updates. This can be done in the following manner:
If uninstalling the update fixes the blue screen error, you must ensure that you temporarily block the update from automatically installing again.
It is possible that due to the issue where computer restarts automatically, one can lose critical data. We shall use Wondershare Data recovery software to recover our crucial data when the computer reboots automatically.
You can restore data by conducting the Repair process. This involves the installation of data recovery software. Wondershare Data Recovery software has been in use for quite a while and offers users the opportunity to restore their crucial data. Here, we take a look at how it's done.
Step 1 Choose the recovery scenario you meet. If you lost data from external devices, formatted disk, lost partition, system crash, or due to virus, you can choose the recovery mode based on your situation. Here we will choose the option "Deleted Files Recovery" to start recovering lost data on computer hard drive.
Step 2 Select the target location where you lost your data to scan lost files.
Step 3 If a quick scan can't get your lost files, you can go to "All-Around Recovery" which will deeply search your lost files.
Step 4 After scanning the lost files you can preview and check the desired files and click "Recover" to recover your data.