Here are a few ways you can tell Windows Vista isn't going to boot:
As to the reasons that cause your Windows Vista boot problem, there can be hundreds of. Usually, it's simple to handle it when there is an error message reminded. You can load with safe mode and try to repair it. What if there is no reminding message or the safe mode is also a dead end? At this time, a little computer maintenance skill is very useful.
To fix this "Windows Vista won't boot up" problem, you need to get a reliable Vista boot disk. Microsoft’s official tool for creating installation media and ISO images with Windows 10 is Media Creation Tool. You can download the latest version here – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. This powerful computer bootable tool enables you to boot up your computer under any situation.
1. Insert your Windows Vista or Windows 7 disk into the DVD player and restart the computer.
2. You'll see the boxes of Language, Time and Currency and Keyboard in the next screen.
3. There are two options on the lower left side. One is "Repair your computer", and the other one is "What to know before installing Windows".
4. Click on the first one: "Repair your computer".
5. Windows will then try to find the installation directory for Vista or Windows 7, depending on what you have.
6. Next up is a screen with a box called Recovery Options. Click the first option, Startup Repair.
You'll see a Startup Repair box with the message "Startup Repair is checking your system for problems…".
7. When it's done, it will prompt you to reboot. If there is more than one problem it may reboot again to continue repairing.
8. At this time, you can plug out the DVD, restart your computer and everything should be working normally.
When the problem fixed, take out of the bootable CD/ USB drive, and restart your computer as normal. Then you can boot your Vista successfully. By the way, you can also learn how to fix Windows 10 won't boot issue.
Vista won't boot often come along with data loss on your hard drive, and it`s also possible that some files/data on pc are accidentally deleted or formatted during the process of fixing this issue, under these circumstances, you`ll probably need a hard disk data recovery tool to make sure no important photo, video, email or document file get lost because of the Vista won't boot.
Recoverit Data Recovery is capable of restoring deleted/lost files or formatted partition from hard drive (HDD and SSD), external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, camcorder, iPod, Music Player and many kinds of mobile devices (Nokia, Blackberry phones and Phones with older Android OS than ICS). While offering the advanced recovery modes like Raw Recovery or Deep Scan Mode, it`s pretty easy to use: