Memory cards are usually used for the purpose of expanding the memory storage capacity of Smartphones and digital cameras. When memory card shows an invalid file system as raw, you won't access your data. There can be many reasons for this error to occur, the most common factor that leads error message to occur is the corruption of the memory card, it can be caused due to viruses present on the PC or device in which the memory card was installed or improper handling of the card during file transfer. You will need to repair/format raw memory card or recover your data back.
Solutions: Memory Card Shows Invalid File System (RAW)
1. Format the Memory Card
- Connect your memory card to your computer.
- Click the "Properties" option after right-clicking on the drive of the memory card.
- Leave the option of "quick format" unchecked and initiate the formatting process by pressing the ‘Start’ button.
- Format the memory card by clicking the "Format" button
2. Repair raw SD card using cmd
- Press "Enter" after typing CMD in the RUN command box, which can be accessed by typing Ctrl and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Enter the drive name of the memory card drive and then click "Enter".
- Enter "format drive name of the memory card drive" and then click "Enter".
- Click the Y key to confirm the format and wait for the format process to complete.
RAW SD Card Data Recovery: Recover Data from RAW Memory Card
When your memory card or other hard disk becomes an invalid raw file system from FAT or NTFS, you can try to recover data at first. You will need to download a reliable RAW data recovery to help you retrieve data back. Recoverit Data Recovery is an effective and 100% safe RAW SD card recovery program which helps you to recover data from a raw memory card. Connect your memory card and follow the next simple steps to retrieve your data back.
- Recover fragmented or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from any storage device effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from any memory card, CF card, SD card, recycle bin, hard drive, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, system crash under different situations.
- Preview before recovery allows you to make a selective recovery.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.9-10.15) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro, etc.
- Connect your memory card to the computer using a card reader (some laptops are equipped with sd card slots though) and select the Recovery Mode as "External Devices Recovery".
- Select your memory card on the section "External removable device" to start recovering lost data.
- Go to deep scan which will deeply search more deleted files from your raw memory card.
- Preview the recovered files from the memory card and save it to your preferred location.
The error message memory card showing an invalid file system is a common error generated by the system when it is hooked up with a corrupted memory card. There are a number of ways to fix this error message. Formatting the memory card is one option available to you to resolve this issue. However, if this method will cause your data lost and you should use Recoverit to retrieve lost files from the RAW drive.
3981454 people have downloaded it
SD Card Recovery
- Recover Card Data
- Repair Card Errors