VLC is one of the leading media players that is capable of playing almost all types of videos. But it’s true that even the best tools have flaws and VLC is no different. One of the common glitches users usually faces while using this player is audio delay VLC. When this problem occurs, you may observe that the character’s lips are not in sync with the audio.
But there is no need to panic as this error can be fixed by using VLC built-in features. This guide will take you through various ways to fix audio video sync permanently.
Various Ways to Fix Audio Delay in VLC
Here’s the rundown of the practical ways to troubleshoot the audio sync VLC. Use any of the methods and get rid of this trouble quickly.
Method 1: Using keyboard shortcut keys
The first and the easiest method to fix the audio delay in the VLC on Mac or Windows is to use the keyboard shortcut keys. The users can shift the audio up and down in increments of 50ms and check if it helps.
For Windows PC
Open the video in the VLC media player. If the audio plays after the visual, press the “J” key to increase the speed. If the audio plays before the visuals, use the “K” key on the keyword to slow down the audio.
If you are a mac user, press the “F” key to fasten the audio speed and the “G” key to slow down the audio.
While pressing the keys, make sure to match the audio with visuals. VLC will show the increase/ decrease in audio delay by 50ms each time you press the key. The message of audio delay with time will be reflected on the top-right of the corner.
However, you should remember that fixing out-of-sync audio by using keyboard shortcut keys is a temporary fix and the problem might occur again.
Method 2: Setting Track Synchronization
The second most effective method to fix audio video sync permanently is to set the Track synchronization value of a video in the VLC player. Keep in mind that the track synchronization setting works only for the current video playing. It means that you have to set the value again each time you play a new video, even it’s a repeat play of the same video.
The steps to carry out this process are given here.
- Launch the video in the VLC media player.
- Go to the Menu bar and click Tools > Effects and Filters.
- Locate the Synchronization tab and tap on it.
- Navigate to the Audio/ Video section and enter the Track Synchronization value. A negative value will hasten the audio in the video while a positive entry will delay the audio.
Method 3: Audio desynchronization permanently
It’s no surprise that adjusting a Track synchronization value to get audio sync with the visuals every time you play a video is a time-consuming task. But don’t fret as the settings can be saved permanently. You can apply the settings once for all the videos you play in the VLC media player to save your time and effort.
Use the Audio Desynchronization Compensation feature available in the VLC player and fix audio video sync permanently. Unlike the Track Synchronization feature in which you have to set the value over and over again, Audio Desynchronization Compensation requires you to enter the value just once and the settings get saved for all videos until you modify it again.
Follow the instructions to set the Audio Desynchronization Compensation value in VLC.
- Launch the VLC player and go to the Menu bar.
- Click Tools > Preferences.
- Tap on the Audio tab.
- Under the “Show Setting” tab at the bottom-left corner, tick the checkbox that says “All”.
- Go to the right pane and click on the Audio Desynchronization compensation. If the audio lags behind the video, set the value to positive and if it is playing ahead of the visuals, set the value to negative.
- Click Save and you are done.
Method 4: Sync Audio On Android
Is your video playing out of sync on an Android device? Don’t panic as we’ve got a solution for you. The Android version of VLC comes with an audio delay feature through which you can easily adjust the audio speed according to the requirement to fix the audio sync VLC.
Here are the steps to execute the process.
- Open the VLC media player.
- Go to the interface controls and click on the second icon at the bottom.
- Under the “Options” tab, click on the “Audio Delay.”
- Tap on either the “+” or “-” button to increase or decrease the audio speed respectively. While the “+” button will delay the sound by 50ms, the “-” button will hasten the audio. Keep on pressing these buttons until the audio gets synced with the video.
Keep in mind that these settings are temporary and will be removed when you close the video. You have to reset the audio delay every time you play the same video.
Method 5: Using Wondershare Recoverit To Fix Audio Delay in VLC
Still, facing the audio delay VLC? Try using a third-party tool like Wondershare Recoverit and resolve the error in no time. It is a powerful tool and completely recovers files, videos, and photos from any kind of damage. The best thing about Recoverit is that it is available for both Windows and Mac.
- It is a professional data recovery tool that can retrieve lost information from all devices.
- The tool is 100% safe and is totally reliable.
- Wondershare Recoverit has the highest recovery rate in the industry to restore data from all scenarios.
- It has a batch processing feature and can recover multiple videos at once.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Fix Audio Video Sync permanently With Wondershare Recoverit
Step 1: Upload the video
- To initiate the process, download the Recoverit software and get it installed on your PC. Launch the application and go to the “Corrupted Video Repair” option available on the left dashboard.
- Click on the “Add” button and it will take you to the folder where the video is available. Select the video file and upload it to the software.
Step 2: Begin Repair
- As soon as you are done with adding files, click on the “Repair” button to begin the process.
- You can check the progress of the repairing process on the screen. Remember that the tool will take a few minutes to repair the file and will notify you once the process completes.
Step 3: Preview the File
- Tap on the “Preview” button to check the repaired file. Click on the Save button if the end result meets the quality requirements.
Step 4: Advance Repair
- Click on the “Advance Repair” option if you are not satisfied with the repaired video.
- Upload a sample video of the same format as the original one and shot on the same device, you used earlier.
- Once the sample and previous video match with each other, you can tap the “Repair” option to begin the file repairing process.
Step 5: Preview and Save
- Once the tool has repaired the file, you can click the “Preview” option to check the repaired file. Click on the Save button to store the repaired video to the specific location.
The post outlines various methods to fix the audio sync VLC. We hope the guide will assist you in resolving the trouble so you can enjoy your favorite videos without any hassle. It’s frustrating when videos suddenly start playing out-of-the-sync. But the relieving part is that you can easily fix the error by using any of the methods listed above.
All the solutions given in this guide are effective in solving the audio sync trouble in the VLC media player. However, if you are not able to resolve the error, it might be possible that the video file got corrupted for which you need a third-party app. In such a case, add a Wondershare Recoverit to your app drawer and root out the problem in a few clicks.