Among the hardwares of the system, the keyboard holds an important place. It can be regarded as a hardware piece that can be used to enter commands so that the computer understands. At times the keyboard not working issue is faced by some users. The ones that are tech savvy can get the work done without any issue while the others are not able to do this. It is due to the fact that the issue needs somewhat tech details that cannot be understood by normal users.
At times the keyboard does not perform as some parts are damaged. On the other hand there are some scenarios where the hardware totally cuts off. In either of the situation this tutorial will help the users to get over the problem.
There are many points that a user can apply to overcome the issue. Some of them are not only easy to follow but can also be implemented by the users without help. However there are some which are not able to do. It is all due to limited knowledge of the user. Following are the points that are to be considered by the user in order to overcome the issue without any delay.
• There is a saying that at times the simple solution is the best one. The same applies here. The user can check whether the keyboard has been plugged in properly. If not then the issue might get resolved at the first and simple step.
• If the keyboard has the PS/2 port then it is important for the user to check whether it works correctly. It also means that if there is another keyboard laying around then the user needs to ensure that it is plugged in to check. On the other hand if the other keyboard is working properly then it is the PS/2 port that is faulty. In this case the motherboard is to be replaced as the PS/2 port is its part. The motherboard replacement is something that is expensive so it is advised to all these users to overcome the issue with the help of USB keyboard or by purchasing one.
• The device driver is to be checked to get the issue resolved. At times the corrupted drivers are the issue and the cause of the problem. It is therefore advised to check the device manager and look for the yellow marks. If there are any then the driver is to be updated to get the problem fixed.
• Rebooting a PC fix 1000 issues. It is therefore advised to resolve the issue by rebooting the machine and checking the keyboard functionality once again. If the issue is fixed then it is the temporary congestion that causes the issue.
• At times the software conflict is the issue that is to be resolved. It is again the third party software that is to be checked. In case the software conflict is the issue then that specific program is to be uninstalled in order to get the issue resolved completely.
• At times the faulty keyboard is the issue that leads to the problem. It means that the user should look for the problem to get it resolved. It also means that the user should look for the alternative keyboard. If the issue is intermittent then it is the keyboard that is to be taken care of to get the issue fixed. By the way, you can learn more fixes on keyboard not working.
Windows update causing the issue.
At times there are issues which are related to windows update. It does not allow the users to operate the keyboard completely. To update the windows the user needs to follow the process that has been mentioned as under to overcome the issue of keyboard not working:
1. On the desktop the path that is to be followed is to right click on My Computer > Select properties:
2. The control panel home is then to be clicked to proceed in this regard:
3. The user then needs to ensure that the windows update are to be clicked:
4. The check for updates is then to be clicked. The user then needs to wait. The system will check for the updates and install them once the system is rebooted. This also completes the process in full:
The point has been mentioned previously. However it is advised to go through the process to get the work done without any issue and delay:
1. On the desktop the user needs to right click the my computer icon and select for properties to proceed in this regard:
2. The user then needs to click onto the device manager icon in the left panel moving forward:
3. On the ext window the user needs to look for the drivers that are not updated. There is a yellow or red mark against them:
4. The user then needs to right click the device and click for update driver:
5. Search automatically for updated driver software to be installed to proceed with the process. The windows OS will check for the updated driver onto the internet. The most updated and recent one is downloaded and installed. This also completes the process in full:
At times there are certain issues that are related to the other software programs. These include the keyboard locker that would ensure that the user gets the keyboard locked. There are many software of this category available online. The user therefore should look for any such installation onto the system. The complete process has been mentioned at the URL http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11570/disable-the-keyboard-with-a-keyboard-shortcut-in-windows/. The users are advised to visit the URL to get the updated information about such programs.
Keyboard not working is an issue that frustrates the user to a great extent. It is therefore advised to all the users to overcome the issue with the help of the points and processes that are mentioned. If still the issue persists then it is advised to ensure that a hardware technician is hired and the work is performed in line with the requirements of the user.