Have you been using a Nextbase dash cam for a while? Then your SD card might be full. If it is, it can’t create more footage, which beats the purpose of having a dash cam in your vehicle. Therefore, you need to delete old footage that you don’t need.
With this guide, you can delete videos from Nextbase dash cam with three easy methods and create more storage space for future footage. If you’ve accidentally deleted some Nextbase videos, you can recover them using a recovery tool.
Table of Content
How To Delete Videos From Nextbase Dash Cam
Nextbase dash cam starts recording when you start your car. Moreover, you can use it to edit and delete videos. This option can be helpful if you’re in your vehicle and want to delete old footage directly from the dash cam.
The steps are straightforward:
- Step 1: In the upper-right corner, press the Play icon.
- Step 2: Press Mode twice to sift through the video
- Step 3: Select the specific video you want to delete.
- Step 4: Press Menu.
- Step 5: Then, press Delete Files.
- Step 6: Finally, press Delete File.
There’s also an option to delete all files simultaneously. If you want that, you don’t have to do it individually; just press Delete ALL Files.
However, you might have some protected videos. So, how do you delete protected files from the Nextbase dash cam? Follow the next steps:
- Step 1: Press Mode twice to sift through the videos.
- Step 2: Select the protected video you want to delete.
- Step 3: Press Menu.
- Step 4: Then, press Protect Files.
- Step 5: Click Unprotect File.
- Step 6: Now that you’ve unprotected the video, you can delete it following the regular steps for deletion.
How To Delete Nextbase Videos Using MyNextbase Player
MyNextbase Player is software specifically for Nextbase dash cams. This straightforward software lets you view, edit, and delete videos and photos from your Nextbase dash cam. However, it requires connecting your computer and dash cam via a USB cable. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Connect your Nextbase dash cam to your computer using a USB cable
- Step 2: Then, select Firmware Update on your Nextbase dash cam.
- Step 3: Select your dash cam as a D: drive on your computer.
- Step 4: Open whichever folder you want (Photo, Video, Protected).
- Step 5: Find the video you want to delete, right-click it, and select Delete.
How To Delete Videos via MyNextbase Connect App
MyNextbase Connect is an app available to both Android and iOS users. It allows you to open, view, edit, and manage the videos on your phone from your Nextbase dash cam. It’s very similar to MyNextbase Player, the only difference being MyNextbase Player is for computers while MyNextbase Connect is for mobile phones.
To delete Nextbase videos via the MyNextbase Connect app, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the MyNextbase Connect app on your mobile device and connect it to your Nextbase dash cam.
- Step 2: On the bottom of the screen, tap the Dash Cam tab.
- Step 3: In the bottom right, tap the Options icon.
- Step 4: Select the video you want to delete.
- Step 5: Tap the Trash Can icon to delete the video.
Why Learn How to Delete Videos From Nextbase Dash Cam
Nextbase dash cams can be handy in several cases, such as having evidence in case of an accident. Moreover, Nextbase dash cams can be a lifesaver when you want to protect yourself against insurance fraud. Thus, if someone caused an accident on purpose, you’d have evidence for the insurance company.
However, even though they give you peace of mind, dash cams collect and store a substantial amount of footage you often don’t need. Deleting some of the footage from your Nextbase dash cam can be helpful.
You can delete your Nextbase dash cam videos to free up storage space. Since your dash cam is constantly filming, deleting old footage can help free up storage space on your memory card.
Moreover, deleting Nextbase dash cam videos can protect your privacy. If your camera has captured some sensitive footage, deleting it would be an excellent way to protect yourself.
Lastly, delete Nextbase dash cam videos to keep your dash cam organized. If you pile up old videos on your dash cam, you will eventually need help finding desired videos. Therefore, deleting Nextbase dash cam videos can be helpful in many situations.
What Happens to Nextbase Dash Cam Deleted Files
If you delete a video from your Nextbase dash cam, it might look like that video is gone forever. However, the data and metadata of the video remain on the SD card, meaning that it’s not lost forever; it still exists on your SD card.
However, once you delete it, you allow the dash cam to overwrite the deleted with new footage. Thus, it becomes inaccessible to you. If you’ve deleted the videos on purpose, that is perfectly fine, but what should you do if you’ve done it by accident? Let’s find out.
What To Do if You Delete Videos From Nexbtase Dash Cam by Accident
Deletion by accident is a more common occurrence than you’d think. It’s human nature to delete videos on accident and then regret it. Fortunately, there’s a way to reverse that action and recover deleted videos from dash cam you wanted to preserve.
One of the most successful ways to recover lost data is to use data recovery software. Just make sure to use trustworthy, reputable software to ensure the success of the video recovery. Selected as “Leader in data recovery” by G2 users, Wondershare Recoverit is a highly recommended one for this purpose.
Wondershare Recoverit is a tool that can help you recover all types of data, from videos to emails. It recovers corrupted, damaged, or deleted video files in just a few steps. If you accidentally delete Nextbase dash cam videos, you can try the Enhanced Recovery option this software offers.
Recover all of your videos from storage devices empty due to various reasons like malware attacks, corruption, accidental deletes, damage, etc.
Restore data from all kinds of storage drives like digital cameras, security cameras, drones, USB drives, SD cards, SSDs, HDDs, etc.
Recover Full HD, Ultra HD, 4K, and 8K videos without corruption.
Preview the files before recovery. No payment is required if the files are unrecoverable.
The steps go as follows:
- Step 1: Connect the SD card from your Nextbase dash cam to the PC where you’ve installed Wondershare Recoverit.
- Step 2: Open Wondershare Recoverit and click the Enhanced Recovery option.
- Step 3: From the file location list, choose the dash cam SD card from which you want to recover a video.
- Step 4: That will open a dialog box asking you to select the format for deep scanning of your lost dash cam videos. Once you’ve chosen the desired format, click Start.
- Step 5: The software will perform a quick and deep scan of the device. You can see the progress at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 6: Preview the scanned videos, select those you want to recover, then click Recover to get them back.
- Step 7: Choose the destination for the recovered videos, and that’s it.
A Nextbase dash cam is a perfect option that gives you peace of mind while driving. However, you should delete some footage at some point, as it takes up space and prevents the dash cam from creating new footage.
If you need to delete videos from your Nextbase dash cam, you can do it on the dash cam directly or use a computer or a phone. If you want to delete videos on your computer, you must do it via the MyNextbase Player software. However, if using your phone is more convenient, you can delete videos via the MyNextbase Connect app.
However, you might accidentally delete a video you need. If that happens, don’t worry — you can get your dash cam video back. With Wondershare Recoverit, you can recover the lost video in just a few easy steps.