MP4 video files are supported by various devices like cameras, PSP, iPod, mobile phones, etc. When people use those devices as storage media to save MP4 files, they might suffer from accidental data loss just like the data stored on the hard drive. When the MP4 files are not in the place where they should be, don't think that your MP4 files have been erased permanently. You can recover the lost MP4 files in the right ways.
If your lost MP4 files were originally stored on your computer, the first thing you should do is check your Recycle Bin. If you just deleted them and didn't empty the recycle bin, you can easily find your lost MP4 files by clicking "Restore these files" and recover MP4 files to their original location. If you saved the lost MP4 files on other devices, you still have the chance to do MP4 file recovery easily and efficiently once you have the powerful MP4 Recovery software.
- Accidentally formatting the storage media;
- Empty recycle bin, or press the "command + delete" to delete MP4 permanently;
- Virus infection of MP4 videos;
- Sudden power interruption on your computer;
- Corruption of storage mediums;
- Other reasons.
Part 1. The Best MP4 Video Recovery - Recoverit Data Recovery Software
Recoverit Data Recovery software is such an easy and reliable tool, which can help you get back the deleted, formatted, damaged, and lost MP4 files from a hard drive or partition. Download the software and follow the guide to recover MP4 files with only 3 steps on Win. If you run the program in the Mac system, choose to download the Mac version to recover MP4 files with similar steps.
Video Tutorial on MP4 Video Recovery
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted or Lost MP4 Video Files
Download and install Recoverit Video Recovery software on your computer. Follow the next simple tutorial of Recoverit Windows version to perform MP4 video recovery. If your MP4 video files are stored in an external device, please connect it to the computer. For Mac users, please download Recoverit Video Recovery and go on.
- Please select a hard disk drive where you lost MP4 files or the storage device and click the "Start" button to scanning.
- Recoverit video recovery program will start to scan the lost MP4 video files for a while.
- After the scan, you can check all recoverable files on the results. You can preview some recovered data like image files, select your MP4 files and click the "Recover" button to retrieve your data back.
- If you are not satisfied with the recovered video, you can choose Advanced Video Recovery.
- Advanced Video Recovery can merge the video fragments and sequence them. Just click the "Start" button.
- Advanced Video Recovery takes a smart scan of all videos on the disk. It will take more time for a deep scan.
- After the scan, simple practical prompts appear to guide the user's proper operation.
NOTE: Please do not save your recovered MP4 files on the drive where your data lost before. Get a safe storage device to avoid data loss again or overwriting.
- Type the file name or filter the search results to precisely find your lost files in a short time.
- In the scanning process, you can click "pause" or "stop" when you manage to find the lost files and plan to recover it as soon as possible. Then you can continue to preview the other files if it is needed.
- Click the "Save" button to save the scanning result so that you can continue the video recovery at any time as you like.
- If your original MP4 video file was corrupted before the loss, some solutions are helping you fix them. Fix broken MP4 video files.
Solve All Media File Issues
- Recover & Repair Photos
- Recover & Repair Videos
- Recover & Repair Audio
- Recover & Repair Cameras