MP4 is one of the prominent video file formats that is widely used by individuals. It offers a perfect video watching experience in all qualities, including 4K, HD, Blu-ray, and more. However, it's just a file format and hence, prone to glitches. One such common error it shows is the “MP4 No Sound Problem." It makes the video file inaccessible, leaving the users annoyed.
But there is no need to panic as there are plenty of solutions available to root out the trouble. Here's the comprehensive guide to the major reasons that cause the error to generate, along with quick hacks to fix the error.
Part 1: Reasons Why MP4 Have No Sound Problem Occurs
It's always recommended to understand the possible reasons that trigger the error to find the solution accordingly. Keep in mind that No Sound error is not a hardware problem; hence there is no need to take your system for repair.
Here's the rundown of the most common factors that could generate the error message.
- Missing or Faulty Codec
The problem of No Sound Error generally arises if your MP4 media file doesn't have appropriate codecs. If you try playing any video with media player applications that don't have supported codecs, it may affect the functions and generate MP4 No Sound Problem. MP4 files can be encoded with different audio codecs, including AC-3, Opus, MP3, DTS-HD, and more.
- Corrupted Media Player
The second most popular reason that may pose a No Sound error is the corrupted media player. There could be various reasons why the media player gets corrupted, such as installation errors, update problems, and more.
- Corrupted MP4 Files
Media players cannot play corrupted MP4 files, resulting in the error. The video file can get damaged due to various reasons, such as virus attacks, compression, recovery, inappropriate video conversion, unexpected system shutdown, and more.
Tips: Learn What to Do When Windows Media Player Not Playing MP4.
Part2: Methods For Resolving MP4 No Sound Problem
Since now you are aware of the possible reasons that generate MP4 No Sound Problem, it's time to unwrap some of the effective methods to resolve the trouble.
Method 1: Use VLC Media Player to play the file
Before jumping into the technicalities of the error, consider trying the easiest solution to check if it helps. Play the MP4 file with another media player to see whether the video is working or not. VLC is one of the pre-eminent media players that can not just play almost all kinds of videos but help you solve minor corruption errors.
Carry out the step-by-step guide mentioned below.
- Firstly, choose the MP4 file that reflects the No Sound error.
- Thereafter, right-click the video and tap the “Open With" option, and choose VLC media player.
- Once you choose the VLC player, the MP4 video starts playing. However, if the file doesn't open with audio and the error still continues, it means that either the file got corrupted or its audio codecs are missing.
Method 2: Convert the MP4 into other File Format
Sometimes, the No Sound Error appears due to an incompatible file format. In that case, you should convert the video into the supported file format to eliminate the trouble. There are plenty of online video converters available on the internet to choose from.
Here're the steps for converting MP4 into other file formats using the VLC media player.
- First of all, launch the VLC media player and go to "Media."
- After that, choose "Convert/Save" and proceed further.
- Now, add the MP4 file you want to convert into another format.
- Scroll down and click the "Open" button.
- Move your cursor to the end of the drop-down list of Convert/Save and tap "Convert."
- Select the output format based on the requirement.
- Thereafter, click on the "Browse" tab and select the destination folder where you want to save the converted file.
- Give your file a new name and click on the Save button to save the new name of the converted file.
- Now, click "Start" to begin the process of file conversion.
Method 3: Check the Audio Codecs
Faulty or missing audio codecs is one of the major reasons to generate the MP4 No Sound Problem. If the appropriate codec associated with the video file becomes missing or unavailable, the audio function will get affected, resulting in the error. Therefore, the best fix in such a case is to check the audio codecs for your MP4 file and find if anything is missing out or inappropriate.
The steps to check the audio codecs are mentioned below.
- First of all, go to the "Start." button and type "Windows Media Player" in the search field. Press Enter and move to the next step.
- Thereafter, press the "Alt" + "H" keys together to open the help section.
- Select the "About Windows Media Player" option.
- A new window will open on the screen. Click on "Technical Support Information."
- A pop-up will appear where you have to choose "select your Web Browser."
- Now, all the necessary information related to the audio codecs of the system will be displayed.
Method 4: Using Wondershare Recoverit - Most Recommended
Have you tried all the above methods but still, the MP4 no sound problem continues? In that case, it might be possible that your video file gets corrupted, causing the error to generate. Look no further and download the high-end data recovery software - Wondershare Recoverit and retrieve all about important MP4 files in a few clicks. This third-party application allows batch processing and thus can recover multiple files at once.
- The application offers both Quick and Advanced repair.
- It can retrieve data from all lost scenarios.
- The software supports all popular video formats.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Fix MP4 No Sound Problem With Wondershare Recoverit
Step 1: Add the corrupted MP4 files
- First of all, you need to download and install the Wondershare Recoverit MP4 recovery software on your system. Once it gets installed, launch the application and move your cursor to the “Corrupted Video Repair" tab in the left dashboard. Click on it and move further.
- There, you find the Add button. Tap on it and browse the folder where the corrupted video file is currently stored. Choose the file and upload it to the tool. You can select multiple files as well.
Step 2: Begin Repair
- As soon as the videos get uploaded, click on the Repair button to commence the process.
- The progress of the repairing process will be displayed on the screen. You have to wait for a while until the process completes. A prompt will be generated to notify you about the completion of the repairing process.
Step 3: Preview the repaired video
- Once the video gets repaired, a preview button will appear next to the file. Click on it to check the video and tap the “Save" button to export the file to the designated location.
Step 4: Advanced Repair
Worry not if your video doesn't get fully retrieved with the basic repair as Wondershare Recoverit also offers an Advanced Repair feature for more corrupted files.
- Click on the Advance Repair option and add the sample video captured on the same device you have used before and in the same format as of the previous file.
- The tool will then match the previous and sample video file. Tap on the Repair button to initiate the process.
Step 5: Preview and Save
- Now, the users can preview the repaired video file and hit the Save button to save them. You can also click the “Save All" to export all repaired video files at once.
Part 3: Expert Tips to Avoid MP4 No Sound Problem
Since now you are aware of different methods to resolve MP4 no sound problem, it's still recommended to learn about the advanced tips and tricks to avoid this error in the future.
- Ensure that you have a strong internet connection while loading the video to avoid interruption.
- Install reliable anti-virus software to protect your videos from getting corrupted.
- Always maintain a backup of your MP4 files to keep them safe and secure.
- Use reliable media players, compressors, or video converters to ensure the security of MP4 files.
- Be sure that your system has enough power supply while loading or transferring the video to avoid unexpected power failure.
That's it!! The guide outlines the possible causes that trigger the MP4 no sound problem and the effective solutions to fix the error. We hope our research will help you in getting rid of the trouble so you can enjoy your favorite videos without any hassle. The users can also take into account expert tips to avoid errors in the future.
Although all the solutions listed above can effectively solve the trouble, Wondershare Recoverit will take care of every error than a standard troubleshooting method. This powerful video recovery software restores your files in a few clicks, so you don't risk losing them.