Getting a system crashed is probably one of the worst nightmares for any Windows user. If the Windows 10 on your system has been crashed, then it might lead to the permanent loss of your data as well. If you are not able to boot your system in the usual way, then you can take the assistance of a third-party bootable media o recover data after Windows 10 crashed. In this tutorial, we will teach you how to recover data from crashed Windows 10 without much trouble.
Part 1: Download Recoverit with Bootable Media
In order to recover data after Windows 10 crashed, you need to take the assistance of a bootable media. Ideally, you can make your Windows 10 system boot from a USB flash drive or a CD/DVD as well. The only condition is that the media should be bootable in nature and have Windows PE. With Recoverit, you can easily create a bootable media and access to your crashed computer to recover data.
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from any storage device effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, system crash under different situations.
Part 2: How to Recover Data after Windows 10 Crashed with Bootable Media
1. Create a WinPE Bootable Media
Tp reboot crashed Windows 10, you need to create a WinPE bootable media in a workable computer with Windows 10. Download and install Recoverit on it and get a blank USB drive or CD/DVD and connect it to the computer. Launch Recoverit system crash data recovery software to start creating a bootable media.
- Select the "System Crash Data Recovery" mode and click "Start" to recover lost data or deleted files due to an operating system crash.
- Select the option "Create a USB bootable drive" or "Create CD/DVD bootable drive" and click the "Create" button. Then you will need to click the "Format now" button to move on.
- The process of creating a bootable media will be automatically launched. Please do not eject the USB flash drive or CD/DVD drive during the process.
Before you start to recover data from crashed Windows 10, you will need to set the computer to boot. Restart your crashed computer and enter the BIOS with the BIOS function key. The most common keys are F2, F10, F12, or Delete. You can check out this page to learn how to set the computer to boot from a USB drive.
2. Recover data after rebooting crashed Windows 10
- Launch Recoverit, and you can select the "Deleted Files Recovery" mode to recover lost data from the crashed computers using the created bootable media.
- You will be shown a list of hard drives that the computer can read. Choose the hard drive where your lost data was located, and click on "Start" to move on.
- A quick scan will automatically start, which will take a little time. After it, if you still find nothing wanted, turn to the "All-Around Recovery" mode for more files, which more time is needed.
- After the scan, you can preview your recoverable data, choose the files you want to get back and click "Recover" button to have them restored.
If your Windows 10 system is not able to boot properly, all you need to do is to take the assistance of Recoverit, create a bootable disk, and load your system with it. By the way, you can also learn to recover data from crashed Windows 7.
- Win System Crash
- Windows Tips
- Computer Problems
- Blue Screen Errors