How to Recover Deleted, Lost Data from Memory Stick
How can I recover deleted files from a memory stick? - a question from Quora
When you permanently deleted files from the memory stick, actually, the folders and files you deleted still stored on the memory stick. You just cannot access to the data files, but you should keep your memory stick safe and do not save any new data on it. Otherwise, all your deleted files will be overwritten. How to recover deleted files from memory stick? In the following guide, we will show you the best memory stick recovery software to help you retrieve all data files back.
A memory stick is most used for storing the photos and videos captured with a digital camera or camcorder. For some data loss reasons, memory stick may get damaged or corrupted and cause data loss. You can get a powerful memory card data recovery software to help you retrieve data back. Let’s review some common data loss scenarios for the memory stick:
- Accidentally formatting the USB memory stick from the device when the stick is functioning.
- Incorrectly removing photos and other folders or files from a memory stick.
- Harmful virus attacks or some kind of malware infection from the internet.
- Disruption while conveying data from memory stick to the computer.
- Using a memory stick on various types of devices or numerous operating systems.
Memory Stick is a detachable flash memory card type and is also utilized in all-purpose to define the entire group of Memory Sticks. Added to the unique USB Memory Stick, this entire group comprises the Memory Stick PRO, a revised version that permits greater storage volume and fast file transferring speed; Memory Stick Duo, an advanced version of the Memory Stick and the Memory Stick Micro (M2). However, a memory stick will always have a chance to meet data loss. This article will show how to recover deleted, lost data from memory stick
Part 1. The Best Memory Stick Data Recovery Software
Recoverit Data Recovery is the best memory card data recovery software. It can help you recover deleted files from memory stick in simple steps. The memory stick recovery program supports recovering any data files from SD memory cards, like photos, videos, music, and audios. Also, it supports to recover data from USB memory stick.
- Recover deleted files from a memory stick effectively, safely and completely.
- Recover files due to accidental deletion or lost, formatted and virus attacked.
- Recover any data and files from a memory stick with a high success rate.
- Supported OS: Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS X 10.10 - macOS 13 (Ventura).
Video Tutorial on How to Recover Deleted Files from USB Memory Stick
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Files from Memory Stick
Download and install Recoverit Data Recovery Software on your computer, connect your memory stick to the computer. This guide will show you how to recover files from a memory stick on a Windows computer. If you are working on Mac, you can download Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac.
Step 1. Select a Data Recovery Mode
Launch Recoverit Data Recovery software on your computer. To recover deleted files from memory stick, you need to select the "External Devices Recovery" option.
Step 2. Select the Memory Stick
Make sure your Memory stick detected on the computer. Select the card and click the "Recover" button to process.
Step 3. Scanning the Memory Stick Data
Recovery SD card recovery software will start scanning the memory card, after the first scan, if you cannot get your data back, you can go to scan with "All-Around Recovery" which will take more time to search more files from USB memory stick.
Step 4. Preview and Recover Data Back
After the scanning, you can check all recovered data from the memory stick. Preview some recovered photos, select your data, and click the "Recover" button to get them back.
Please save all recovered data files on computer hard drives and other devices.
Can a user re-use the corrupted memory card?
For data protection, Recoverit memory stick recovery does read-only operations on the memory card, and it does not modify the data on the external memory card, so it does not corrupt the memory card. If you need to, recover your deleted images from the external memory card, you can try to format the memory card before re-using it. It is recommended to complete enough read/write trials before using it for capturing new images. If you are anxious that the external memory card is unsteady and may cause more data loss, buy and use a new memory card. Your valued and unique photographs are more vital than the memory card. A memory card is very inexpensive.
Tips to avoid memory card error and damage
- Do not eject your memory card during image saving and viewing.
- Do not eject your memory card when turning on and off your DSLR camera.
- Do not try to change the memory card when the camera is functioning.
- Stop capturing and seeing new images on low battery.
- Use memory cards from the house of branded manufacturers like Sony, Kingston, SanDisk, Panasonic, Lexar, Olympus, and numerous others.
- If the memory card gets corrupted frequently, then there are some issues with the operating system of the camera.
Data loss happens, you can get Recoverit Data Recovery to help you recover any data from SD memory card in easily and effectively. Download and try it for now.
- Recover USB Drive
- Format USB Drive
- Fix/Repair USB Drive
- Know USB Drive