Do SSD drives fail? Will data disappear from SSD drive? Can SSD drives be recovered?
More and more computer users tend to choose SSD drives (Solid State Drive) as their storage drive, but data loss on SSD drives is a common problem. When SSD failure issues occur, you can't access your files and the partition will be lost or deleted. Virus infection or mishandling on the SSD drive can also bring about SSD drive corruption and cause your important files to be deleted or lost. No wonder the questions above are always raised by many SSD drive users. However, take it easy. Some suggestions on how to recover deleted files from SSD drive can be found out in this article.
- Part 1. Recoverit - The Best SSD File Recovery Software
- Part 2. How to Recover Data from SSD Drive?
- Part 3. How Do I Know If My SSD Is Failing?
Part 1. Recoverit - The Best SSD File Recovery Software
When your SSD drive got damaged or corrupted, please stop using the SSD drive first. Later, you should get powerful data recovery software to help you retrieve data back. Recoverit Data Recovery is the best SSD file recovery software yet built for SSD drive data recovery. It can easily recover deleted files from damaged or corrupted SSD drive in all complicated or simple data loss situations: lost partition SSD, dead SSD drive, formatting SSD drive, improperly using SSD drive, and many more.
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from SSD drive effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, lost partition, virus attack, system crash under different situations.
Part 2. How to Recover Data from SSD Drive
Free download and install Recoverit SSD Data Recovery on your computer, connect your SSD drive to the computer and follow the simple steps to recover lost data from SSD drive.
- To recover data from SSD, please select the "External Devices Recovery" data recovery mode to get started.
- Make sure your SSD drive can be detected by the computer. Select your SSD drive where your files are deleted and click the "Start" button to go on.
- Recoverit data recovery will start a quick scan on your SSD drive first. If you cannot find your data after the first scan, you can try to scan with the "All-Around Recovery" mode which will deeply search more files. While it will take more time to complete the scanning.
- After the scan, preview the scanning results to check the quality of the files. Then select the files you want to recover from SSD drive and click Recover to get data back.
For safety consideration, you'd better save the recovered files on other disks rather than the SSD disk, to make sure that you can continue to recover the left data you haven't find back yet.
Part 3. How Do I Know If My SSD Is Failing?
Overview of SSD Drive
SSD, short for the solid-state drive, is a data storage device using solid-state memory to store persistent data. It offers superior performance, uses less power, runs silently, shortens access time and is more resistant to shock than common hard drives, and solves the problem of physical constraints by replacing hard disk drives with high-speed circuitry. Instead of a rotating disk, a solid-state disk uses memory chips (typically DDR RAM or Flash Memory) to read and write data.
They are an inexpensive drive to place on the computer but still have not managed to drop below the price of the level of HDDs that many consumers rely on. More recently an SSD drive will be reliant on non-volatile memory and as a result, can keep hold of data when the power source goes off. It is possible to construct some SSDs from random access memory.
SSD Failure Symptoms
- S.M.A.R.T Error. S.M.A.R.T is a self-monitoring mechanism to analyze the SSD drive health. When the SMART status bad error occurs, it means your SSD drive is about to fail or corrupt and you need to back up important data on another safe location.
- Bad Blocks Error. If an increasing number of files can't be read or written, it indicates that bad blocks error exists and it will result in SSD failure and corruption. "Your PC needs to be repaired", this error message can also imply that bad blocks are developing. If you neglect the implications, your SSD drive will fail sooner or later and data on it is also prone to be corrupted. Of course, you can recover them from the SSD drive with Recoverit Data Recovery, but it is better to keep them always safe and secure.
- Frequent Data Corruption. When your files stored on it become increasingly vulnerable, you should pay high attention to your SSD drive. It might send a sign of impending or occurrent SSD failure.
- Slow Running Speed. Another symptom of SSD failure is the phenomenon that your files are transferred slowlier than usual or the computer freezes up when you access large files.
If unluckily your SSD drive has been failed or damaged and files on it lost before you realize the symptoms, calm yourself down. Recoverit SSD file recovery software comes to your rescue. Just follow the aforementioned simple steps and then you can retrieve deleted files from SSD drive, no matter when it is dead, failed, corrupt, broken or crashed.
What's The Difference Between SSD and HDD?
What's Wrong with Drive
- Recover Your Drive
- Fix Your Drive
- Format/Wipe Drive
- Know Your Drive