If your PC isn’t functioning ideally, then you certainly can’t access your files as well. A Windows system can seem to malfunction due to plenty of reasons. Though, in order to recover data when the PC won’t boot, you need to implement some added measures. If your Windows PC is not able to start, then you need to change its BIOS settings and boot it from some other source. Also, by taking the assistance of Windows PE, you can perform the recovery operation. Don’t worry – it is pretty easy. In this post, we will teach you how to recover data when the PC won’t boot.
Besides taking the assistance of Recoverit to recover data when the PC won’t boot, you can take these added measures whenever your system won’t boot.
Recoverit can help you to recover data when the PC won’t boot, but you should create a bootable media with it to boot up the computer. It is compatible with every major version of Windows and supports the Windows Preinstallation Environment. In this way, users can create a bootable media and use it to perform an operating system crash recovery whenever their PC malfunctions.
Free download Recoverit on a workable computer, and connect a blank USB or CD/DVD to the computer. Launch Recoverit to create bootable media.
1. With Recoverit, select the option of "Recover from Crash Computer" to create a bootable drive for data recovery.
2. Select the bootable option (USB drive or CD/DVD) and click on the "Create" button to process. Please confirm the backup of important data has been done before formatting.
3. It will take a while to finish the creating of bootable media, and you can follow the next steps to retrieve your data back.
4. After creating bootable media, you will need to set the computer to BIOS. Restart your crashed computer and enter BIOS with the BIOS function keys. The most common keys are F2, F10, F12, or Delete. You can check out this page to learn how to set the computer to boot from a USB drive.
5. When booting is completed, Recoverit software will launch automatically. You can then proceed to copy files from a hard drive, or recover lost data from the hard drive of the computer.