If your PC isn’t functioning ideally, then you certainly can’t access your files as well. A Windows system can malfunction due to various reasons:
In order to recover data when the PC won’t boot, you need to implement some added measures. you need to change its BIOS settings and boot it from some other source. Also, by taking the assistance of Windows PE, you can perform the recovery operation. Don’t worry – it is pretty easy. In this post, we will teach you how to recover data when the PC won’t boot.
Besides using data recovery tools like Recoverit to recover data when the PC won’t boot, you can implement these added measures whenever your system won’t boot.
Recoverit can help you to recover data when the PC won’t boot, but you should create a bootable media with it to boot up the computer. It is compatible with every major version of Windows and supports the Windows Preinstallation Environment. In this way, users can create a bootable media and use it to perform an operating system crash recovery whenever their PC malfunctions.
Free download Recoverit on a workable computer, and connect a blank USB or CD/DVD to the computer. Launch Recoverit to create bootable media.
1. With Recoverit, select the option of "Recover from Crash Computer" to create a bootable drive for data recovery.
2. Select the bootable option (USB drive or CD/DVD) and click on the "Create" button to process. Please confirm the backup of important data has been done before formatting.
3. It will take a while to finish the creating of bootable media, and you can follow the next steps to retrieve your data back.
4. After creating bootable media, you will need to set the computer to BIOS. Restart your crashed computer and enter BIOS with the BIOS function keys. The most common keys are F2, F10, F12, or Delete. You can check out this page to learn how to set the computer to boot from a USB drive.
5. When booting is completed, Recoverit software will launch automatically. You can then proceed to copy files from a hard drive, or recover lost data from the hard drive of the computer.
You can use the command prompt in repair mode to recover lost data. This method will required you to create a bootable device.
Start by Inserting the bootable media you created. Power up your computer, then continuously tap the BIOS access keys to select the media to boot.
Press the shift key and F10 to launch the command prompt. Type notepad.exe in the command line to launch the Notepad application.
On the Notepad, click on file then select Open. A mini-explorer will launch that you can now use to locate and recover files and folders. Select any file or folder you want to recover, right click then select Send to. Here, you can choose to send the data to the USB flash drive.
The methods above will help you recover your files even if the PC won’t boot and if they don’t work, get in touch with data recovery professionals to find your lost files and recover deleted data.