Your screen, apart from your PC’s processor, is an important component of your computer. After all, this is where you visualize everything you’re making on your computer. However, it’s inevitable to have problems with the display. Sometimes, you’ll encounter a screen that looks oddly stretched wherein you cannot read the text or see the icons on the monitor properly. You may also find that some pixels look dead, and the pictures on the screen don’t look right. In this case, you may be dealing with a resolution problem. In this article, we’ll provide you with three sure and easy solutions to fix this problem.
Usually, the stretched screen display is caused by the user accidentally. This may be from random presses on the keyboard or on the monitor that changes the display settings. On rare occasions, this can be caused by issues with a new update of your software.
If you want to solve this problem without calling tech support, you absolutely can. Here’s how you can fix Stretched Screen Issues for Windows 10
Display Settings can be located in the Settings app on your computer. It is where you can modify your PC’s display configuration and preferences. You can identify and detect monitors or connect to a wireless display through this tool.
1. Go to the Desktop and make a right-click on the screen and select Display Settings.
2. The Settings will now launch. Select Advanced Settings and set the resolution of the screen to recommend. This is usually set at 1366x768, but you can also opt to set it at 1260x768. Setting the resolution below this level might distort the display.
Many are unaware that many problems within the PC are resolvable with just the keyboard on their computers. Your keyboard is designed to be powerful enough to make changes within the computer without actually going to the Settings or manipulating the configurations or troubleshooting. Windows created commands on the keyboard that allows users to make changes with just a few presses easily. This is so the changing of the settings is more convenient and quick for users. This is often the reason why most settings are made when users accidentally hit random keys.
If you’re looking for another way to fix this problem, you can use the Function (Fn) key on your keyboard. Carefully follow the steps below:
Press and hold on the Fn key on the keyboard while you hold on to the space bar.
1. Go to Settings by typing it in the Search bar or looking for it in the Start menu. Look for Display Settings.
2. Move the slider under Change the size of text, apps, and other items: 100% (Recommended). Change it to which the resolution would look the best.
3. Press the Start button on your keyboard or click on it on the screen at the bottom portion. Type in the Search bar, Changes the screen resolution, and press Enter.
4. Select Advanced Sizing of Text and other items under Related Settings.
5. On the left-side menu, select Adjust resolution.
6. Then, select Advanced settings.
7. Select List All Modes under the Adapter tab.
8. List All Modes window will show you a list of valid modes. These are:
640 by 480, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz
800 by 600, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz
1024 by 768, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz
1280 by 600, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz
1280 by 720, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz
1280 by 768, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz
1366 by 768, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz
Choose whatever model is compatible with your resolution. We recommend nothing lower than 1280, as further lowering the resolution would result in blurry or hazy images.
9. Select the OK button and hit Apply to apply the changes.
10. After applying the settings, your screen will turn black but don’t worry; this is just the computer adjusting the settings. After a few seconds, your screen will return with improved resolution and ratio.
Many users highly value a good display when it comes to their laptops or computer. If you use your computer for playing video games, it’s the most important part of your gaming experience. If you enjoy watching movies on your computer, you surely want a perfect and bright screen. Even if you’re only using your computer for work or school to complete some tasks, you would still need a relatively good screen that allows you to read texts perfectly. It’s only understandable for most users to get annoyed whenever an issue with the screen’s display comes up. If you’ve encountered this problem, one of the methods above should help fix this.