Do you know what SSD is? A solid-state drive (SSD) refers to a new generation of storage devices that are utilized in computers. It uses a flash-based memory which is speedier than any typical mechanical hard disk. SSDs are used by business companies that deal with data management or analysis. Gaming computers also take benefit from SSDs to load and write-heavy files.
Moreover, if you are a vlogger, researcher, or utility worker, a portable SSD will help you carry the data in a convenient form. However, it is also possible to lose your video files from SSD. If you want to learn how to recover deleted videos from SSD, this article will teach you. We will cover the following topics in the article:
It is possible to retrieve your videos from SSD. However, its success rate varies depending on whether the TRIM command is enabled or not. In this part, we will learn the requirements to recover deleted videos from SSD.
1.1. Disconnect the SSD
When you notice the data loss, you should hurriedly disconnect the SSD from which you want to recover the lost video files. Now, you need to connect the removed SSD to a different computer and recover the data. If it’s not possible for you to begin this process or access another computer, then shut down the computer up until it’s time to start the recovery process.
1.2. Install the Best SSD Recovery Software
It is best to have SSD recovery software by your side, so you can use it whenever you experience video data loss. It will help you start the recovery process in no time. Also, SSD recovery is a time-sensitive procedure, as you might have a single chance to recover your important data. Therefore, you should make sure to use the best SSD recovery service.
To help you make the best choice, we have listed down the aspects that must be considered while choosing an SSD data recovery software:
- Security & Performance: A good SSD recovery software provides all sorts of protection and security to its userbase. This way, your professional and personal data remains intact. Moreover, it should be an efficient and easy-to-use tool for everyone. As recovering the lost video data is a crucial matter, you need a fine SSD data recovery tool that fully recover deleted videos from SSD.
- Speed: An ideal SSD recovery software doesn't consume a lot of users' time, as it's a time-sensitive matter and should be performed quickly. Therefore, your selected video recovery tool should be speedy in terms of scanning and retrieving information.
- Preview of File: Before beginning the retrieval process, a good SSD recovery application gives an option to preview the video files. This way, you can double-check the files that are going to be recovered. Therefore, your selected recovery software should possess a preview feature that saves you from wasting your time and efforts while looking for the target files to restore them.
- Reliability: A good SSD recovery application guarantees success in recovering the video files. You can only have a single chance to get back your precious data. Therefore, go for software that ensures your videos are recovered from the SSD drive.
- Customer Support: You can face problems anytime while using the SSD recovery services. Therefore, always go for an SSD data recovery software that provides 24/7 customer support and regular updates. This feature will help you secure yourself from all emerging recovery problems.
Part 2: Wondershare Recoverit - The Ultimate Solution to Recovering Videos from SSD
Wondershare Recoverit is a foremost data recovery application that carries the successful data recovery of deleted videos from SSD. You can recover the lost video files from multiple sources, including an SD card, hard drive, and external USB drives. You can recover the lost information from RAW, damaged, and formatted partitions.
The enhanced recovery tool ensures the recovery of the ultra-HD, 4K, and 8K videos in an intact form. Moreover, you can also retrieve the lost videos from drones, DSLRs, digital cameras, etc.
2.1. Superlative Features Possessed by Wondershare Recoverit
We have given a brief description of Recoverit’s helpful operations for data recovery. Here, we will describe the superlative features of the Recoverit tool for recovering lost video files efficiently.
- Enhanced Recovery: If you find video corruption after previewing the video data, Recoverit will let you know. This tool scans, collects and corresponds with the fragments of the damaged video. This way, it is ensured that all the corrupted data is also recovered safely.
- Deep Scan: The advanced algorithms of Recoverit undergo a quick and deep scan of the drive. The quick scan is completed within some seconds, while the deep scan takes time as it deeply cleans all the suppressed files in the drive of your device.
- Specific Filtration: If you want the quickest data recovery, Recoverit is the best tool for you. You can use the "Filter" option to access the desired file out of hundreds of files. This feature will help you save your time, access specific video files, and recover them.
- Recover during Scan: When the scanning process is undergoing, Recoverit allows you to pause the scan process and recover any data that is being shown in results. Thus, you are not obligated to wait for the whole scan process to end in order to recover the video file.
2.2. How to Repossess the Lost Video Files via Recoverit Data Recovery Software?
If you lose your precious video files from an external device, Recoverit will help you recover them efficiently. Follow the below-given guide in order to recover deleted videos from SSD with Recoverit:
Step 1: Choose the SSD Location
The first step requires you to pinpoint the location where you lost your video files. After you open Recoverit, the interface will show "Hard Drives and Locations" on the left. Click on it and select the SSD below the "Hard Disk Drives" tab. Now, press "Start," and the scanning process will begin.
Step 2: Scan the Location
Recoverit will start scanning the selected location. During the process, you can also locate files or stop the scan process.
Step 3: Preview and Recover Videos
Now, you will be enabled to preview the recoverable files before going to the recovery step. Preview the target video files and press the “Recover” button to recover deleted videos from SSD.
Video Tutorial on How to Recover Accidentally Deleted (Vlog) Videos from SD Card?
If you are looking to upgrade your existing SSD or switch to SSD, we will tell you some aspects to look at while buying an SSD.
1. Drive Capacity
2TB SSDs are very expensive for a maximum range of customers. This is the reason why people are not investing in 2TB ones. A boot drive holds the complete operating system, and smaller-sized SSDs possess it. While installing Windows on an SSD, your computer will boot faster, no matter what the other specifications are.
The storage of your SSD will depend on the investment you would make while buying it. The 120-256 GB SSD is ideal, and this storage is enough for word processing and browsing. 256 GB SSDs will be ideal for storing the library of photos.
With a 512 GB SSD, you can play a lot of PC games and store movies and photos. The 1 TB SSD will enable you to install multiple AAA games and a good amount of 4K movies.
You should always go for a highly reputed and rated brand for buying an SSD. Some best brands are Crucial, SanDisk, Samsung, etc. If you go for any random and substandard SSD, it will just add up to your problems and fatigues. So, don't take risks with your personal videos and operating system.
The main reason why people prefer SSD over an HDD and switch to SSDs is that SSDs are comparatively faster. There is faster booting up of the computer, programs are opened rapidly, and the transfer process is also 10 times faster. Therefore, even the worst SSD will still be ahead of an HDD.
However, you should be vigilant while buying SSDs. For instance, the SanDisk Ultra 500 GB costs $54, and Samsung 870 EVO 500GB costs $95. Both the SSDS has a sequential read speed of 560 MB/s and write speed of 530 MB/s. It means that there is no difference between the drive capacity and speeds, but Samsung SSD costs twice much as SanDisk SSD.
You should also consider the longevity of your SSD. The comparison of storage drive lifespans showed that 74 percent of hard drives lived more than four years. Mechanical failure is not a thing in the case of SSDs, as they don't have moving parts. However, power failure is possible. The loss of electricity, while the SSD is running can lead to data failure or device failure.
Tips: Learn What's the Difference Between SSD and HDD?
5. SSD Encryption
If you want an SSD to write sensitive data rather than loading the Operating System, you should look for an SSD that offers AES level encryption. Most SSDs have full-time encryption. The Self Encryption Drives (SED) have AES 128-bit or 256-bit encryption that protects your sensitive information from all the uncertainties.
It is common to lose your important video files due to the corruption of your device. However, advanced technology allows people to retrieve their accidentally deleted or lost video files with the help of different data recovery tools. The article has discussed the working of Recoverit and its help to recover deleted videos from SSD.