With the rapid developments in the AI industry, Mac users have seen a rising number of AI-powered apps and the implementation of AI engines in their favorite daily tools. Image processing, natural language understanding, and workflow streamlining are only a few examples of what these innovations bring.
Today, we'll venture into the world of the best AI apps for Mac, exploring their advantages, reviewing the features of the most valuable AI Mac apps, and looking into how you can keep your AI projects safe and secure from potential data loss.
In this article
Benefits of Using AI Apps on Mac
The rise of AI apps for macbook in the past few years means that users are getting the full benefits of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms. These include the following:
- 💼More Functions and Intelligent Features – Apps with integrated AI engines and assistants often bring various new tools into the app. Transcription, summarization, and content creation are only a few examples that have become incredibly good.
- ⌛Efficient Workflow and Time Savings – Working with an AI-powered app is bound to save you precious time, as AI can significantly speed up numerous processes. Users can effortlessly increase their work efficiency with the help of these AI tools.
- 🚀Increased Quality and Automation – Implementing AI features means that various tedious tasks can be automated. Not only do they effortlessly run without user input, but the quality of these tasks is also quickly increasing.
As time passes, we'll see even more advantages as AI takes our productivity to the next level.
Top Free AI Apps for Mac
Now that we know more about the advantages of AI Mac apps, we can dive into some of the best AI tools for Mac. Without further ado, below is a list of top-rated AI apps for Mac.
|🤳If you want…
|👍You can pick…
|An all-in-one productivity app
|To build AI-powered voice assistants
|An app to transcribe audio files to text with a friendly user interface
|A writing app that centralizes your entire knowledge base
|An app to help you create predictive models and identify data correlations
|An app skilled at eliminating outside source sounds
|To easily create visual to-do lists
Notion is primarily a productivity app where users can take their note-taking abilities to the next level. It combines many free features, which, in combination with Notion AI, push it to the top of the productivity category on Mac.
In this all-in-one productivity app, users can automate tasks, summarize, rewrite, or create content, keep track of visited pages, combine various information sources, and even replace services like Grammarly and ChatGPT with Notion AI.✨Top Features:
- The AI feature can translate, simplify, or summarize notes, find action items inside them, and create table presentations of critical points.
- Users can customize almost everything in this project management tool.
- The app has over 75 integrations like Jira, Slack, GitHub, Asana, Panther, etc.
- The AI assistant is an additional, optional, and paid feature.
- There might be a steep learning curve for using the Notion app.
There are four Notions plans for users to choose from:
- Free – free forever with unlimited pages and blocks.
- Plus – $10 monthly per user ($8 if billed annually).
- Business – $18 monthly per user ($15 if billed annually).
- Enterprise – custom pricing.
Notion AI is an optional add-on that'll set you back $8 per user per month for annually billed plans or $10 for monthly billing or the Free plan.⭐Ratings:
- 4.1/5 stars on Forbes.
- 4.7/5 stars on G2.
Although not an AI Mac app per se, Rasa is a conversational AI platform providing developers and enthusiasts with flexible software for building AI-powered voice assistants. Namely, Rasa is a coding assistant with a massive conversation AI framework that can help individuals, teams, and businesses create text and voice-based assistants for various needs.✨Top Features:
- Rasa uses AI and ML for better dialogue management and includes numerous reporting and analytics features.
- The pre-configured bot makes getting started with AI assistant building much more straightforward.
- The platform easily integrates with a massive number of third-party apps.
- Difficult user interface
- Learning to use Rasa will likely require an extended period.
- Free – free forever.
- Rasa Pro – custom pricing.
- Rasa Platform – quotation-based and includes Rasa Pro and Rasa Studio.
- 4.7/5 stars on Capterra.
- 4.7/5 stars on GetApp.
Students love this free tool, as it has made transcription significantly more accessible for everyone in Apple's community. MacWhisper is a relatively new approach to OpenAI's 2022 free Whisper transcription program, adding a graphical user interface and leaving all the tech-savvy Terminal terminology behind.
What used to require familiarity with the Terminal app and command-line knowledge now only takes a simple drag-and-drop.✨Top Features:
- It can locally transcribe audio files, enhancing your privacy.
- The app works wonders with multiple different languages.
- MacWhisper runs on OpenAI's incredibly potent Whisper transcription app.
- Using the tool on Intel-based Macs will be much slower.
- It might not have the best support in case of issues as a single person developed it.
- MacWhisper Free – free forever.
- MacWhisper Pro – $30.96 for one personal use Pro license.
- 4.2/5 stars on the Mac App Store.
- 5/5 stars on Product Hunt.
If you're looking for an AI writing assistant for Mac, look no further than Elephas. This intelligent writing app will help you write emails and articles, fix grammar mistakes, rewrite your texts in a different tone, give you ideas and suggestions, and guide your entire writing journey.
The latest feature, called Super Brain, centralizes your entire knowledge base, allowing Elephas to pull data from your PDFs, pages, or other platforms like Notion.✨Top Features:
- Effortlessly integrates with other Mac apps.
- Customizable Super Brain centralizes knowledge.
- It can rewrite entire articles in a new tone, and the AI assistant can quickly summarize texts.
- It's not exactly user-friendly and will require some getting used to.
- The app's user interface could use an update.
There are three pricing options available with Elephas:
- Standard – $4.99 per month for one macOS device.
- Pro – $8.99 per month and up to three devices.
- Pro+ – $14.99 per month and up to five devices.
Purchasing a yearly subscription means saving 20% on the final price, while a Lifetime Deal costs $129, $199, or $249 for Standard, Pro, and Pro+ plans, respectively.⭐Ratings:
- 4.4/5 stars on Product Hunt.
- 4.7/5 stars on Software Advice.
Primarily a data science platform active since 2007, RapidMiner has recently introduced an AI-based Studio app that Mac users can download to access a cloud-based data science solution. Armed with drag-and-drop tools, machine learning libraries, and AI algorithms, RapidMiner is an excellent solution for developers creating predictive models and identifying data correlations.✨Top Features:
- RapidMiner's numerous AI tools let you simplify complex operations and build apps without software developers.
- The data cleansing features make it easy for programmers to visualize dataset stability.
- The platform includes a scoring feature that analysts can use to detect defects.
- The user interface is outdated and can be more fluid.
- Some users report that expansion through code isn't implemented well.
RapidMiner for Academics includes a free, one-year, renewable educational license for RapidMiner Studio. As an organization, you'll have to get a custom pricing plan to use the app after the 30-day free trial.⭐Ratings:
- 4.6/5 stars on G2.
- 4.4/5 stars on Software Advice.
Utilizing AI-powered noise cancellation technology to eliminate outside source sounds, Krisp AI has become a top-rated solution for improving the quality of all online communication.
As Krisp AI seamlessly integrates with various online meeting tools, users can take their communication to the next level by sounding clear and professional. The app acts as a virtual filter between the user and the communication platform, locally processing your voice and ensuring crisp meetings.✨Top Features:
- The free plan is sufficient for most users, including an hour of clear daily communication.
- It eliminates background noises, clarifies speech, and enhances audio quality.
- The app creates automatic meeting transcriptions you can easily share as notes.
- The software only works on Windows and Mac, without support for iOS or iPadOS.
- Your voice might sound robotic in an environment with too much noise.
Krisp AI has three pricing plans for free, pro, and enterprise users.
- Free – $0 and free forever.
- Pro – $12 per user per month.
- Enterprise – custom pricing.
Getting a yearly plan means saving up to 33%, in which case the pro version equals $8 monthly.⭐Ratings:
- 4.8/5 stars on G2.
- 4/5 stars on Trustpilot.
Creating clear visual to-do lists is a piece of cake with Taskheat. It's an AI-powered assistant app that lets individuals, professionals, project managers, and teams manage their workflow, visualize and simplify complex projects, delegate tasks to other users, and optimize the task flow for maximum productivity and time efficiency.
There's a one-time purchase after the free trial, and the app is available throughout Apple's ecosystem.✨Top Features:
- Users can break down and organize projects by task dependencies.
- The app enables you to create excellent, color-coded visualizations of your to-do lists.
- The AI assistant can generate tasks based on input and help you optimize existing ones.
- Sharing your visualizations with other users is limited.
- Users have reported occasional app crashes.
Although there's a 14-day free trial to test the app, purchasing a lifetime license for the full version will cost $14.99.⭐Ratings:
- 4.2/5 stars on the Mac App Store.
- 4.25/5 stars on Setapp.
How to Ensure You Don't Lose Your AI Projects
Whether you've downloaded AI-powered project management apps, writing assistants, or mining tools, working with AI Mac apps means you'll have hundreds or thousands of files, folders, transcriptions, and summarizations. Keeping these safe is vital and possible with various backup apps.
Even if data loss has already happened and you've lost your vital AI projects, there are still things you can try to recover your data. After all, data recovery apps have become incredibly efficient and good at their jobs, and Wondershare Recoverit is a prime example of a reliable one.
Whether you've accidentally deleted AI projects, lost files due to an interrupted transfer, or exposed your Mac to viruses and malware, Wondershare Recoverit can save the day and help you recover these files. It works wonders in over 500 data loss situations and supports over 1,000 file types.
The app's intuitive user interface means you can recover your files within a few steps and minutes. Following the steps below is all you need to do to recover your lost AI projects:
- Launch Wondershare Recoverit on your PC and select Hard Drives and Locations to the left.
- Choose the hard disk drives holding your AI projects.
- Initiate a deep scan of the hard disk drive you've chosen.
- Add and adjust file status, type, and size filters to look for particular data.
- Use keywords to search for specific files.
- You can then preview the discovered files and verify their integrity.
- If you're satisfied with the found files, you can pause or stop the scan at any moment and hit Recover to save the files to your Mac.
Recoverit also supports Windows PCs and laptops, internal disk drives, external storage devices, USBs, NAS devices, and more, as it can effortlessly handle data loss situations on over 2,000 storage devices.
AI on M ac has brought us numerous benefits. Here, we've included a list of the best free AI Mac tools to help you get started and start reaping the rewards of the tech revolution.
The relatively new and potent AI features and assistants can simplify your everyday life, streamline your workflow, and save you valuable time. As such, AI plays a pivotal role in the abovementioned Mac apps, while data recovery tools like Wondershare Recoverit ensure that you never lose your AI projects.
What is the best chat AI for Mac?Although there's now a wide range of AI Mac apps you can use straight from the desktop, OpenAI's ChatGPT remains our personal favorite AI chat app for Mac.
However, if you're looking for variety or want to try new apps, the new Bing AI is available through Microsoft Edge for macOS and other popular browsers. At the same time, Embra and Typing Mind get notable mentions.
Do all AI Mac apps have a graphical user interface?Unfortunately, no. While most of the AI apps for Mac on this list have an intuitive and sleek GUI, not all of the apps need it, as they're meant for different purposes.
For example, Rasa doesn't have such an interface, while MacWhisper is merely a GUI for OpenAI's command line tool, Whisper. However, that doesn't mean you'll have issues using these, as plenty of guides are available online.
Can I use all of these apps on iOS or iPadOS?Some of the included AI Mac apps work perfectly well with macOS, iOS, and iPadOS. However, most are exclusive to Mac, as the tinier, low-power chips inside iPhones and iPads wouldn't be able to handle the computing power it takes to run AI tools.