If your system is crashed or stops working in an ideal way, then you can get Recoverit to retrieve back your lost or inaccessible data. Download and install Recoverit on a working computer, prepare a blank USB drive or CD/DVD, and connect it to the computer.
If your system has been crashed or not working in an ideal way, then you can get Recoverit to retrieve back your lost or inaccessible data. Download and install Recoverit on a working computer, prepare a blank USB drive or CD/DVD, and connect it to the computer.
Step 1: Select the system crash data recovery mode
Launch Recoverit, please select the "System Crash Data Recovery" mode.
Step 2: Create a bootable media
Recoverit can be used to create a bootable media to help you extract data from a crashed system. Create a bootable drive to recover data when the Windows system is unable to launch. Click the "Start" button to get started.
Click the "Start" button to get started.
Then, select a mode to create a bootable drive. You can select the USB bootable drive or CD/DVD bootable drive and click the "Create" button to start.
Once you choose to create a USB bootable drive an alert message about formatting USB flash drive will pop up. Make sure you have backup your important data before formatting the USB flash drive to create a bootable drive. Click the "Format now" button to confirm.
During the process of creating a bootable drive, please do not eject the USB flash drive or pull out the CD/DVD drive. It will take for a while to complete the creating process.
Then, the bootable drive used to boot your crashed computer up is created.
Step 3: Boot crashed computer from USB/CD/DVD drive
After a bootable USB flash drive or CD/DVD drive is created, you need to do the following things:
- Connect the USB flash drive or insert CD/DVD drive to your computer.
- Adjust the BIOS to boot from USB/CD/DVD drive: restart your crashed computer and press the BIOS entry key when the first screen is displayed.
Step 4: Recover data from crashed computer
Once you finish the above steps, you will find that the crashed computer bootable, and you can recover data from a crashed computer.
- Choose a disk to start the scanning.
- Connect a good hard drive to the crashed computer.
- Once the scanning process finish, you need to choose a location to save the recovered data, you can choose the hard drive you connect and click the “Recover” button.
- For success recovery, it will show “Congratulations! Files recovery completed!”.