The Preview technology allows users of both free and registered versions of Recoverit to preview files and documents being recovered - before actually recovering them. Recoverit supports a number of file formats such as documents created with Microsoft Office and OpenOffice, images and digital pictures, including RAW files, movies and music. The technology displays images, open documents and plays back audio and video clips without writing anything onto the hard disk.
Case1: Save Failure due to Lack of Space
The system fails to save the recoverable files due to the lack of free space.
- Please check the free space of the drive.
- Try to save the recoverable files to another storage device.
Case2：Save Failure due to the Wrong File Path
There are errors in the path selected for recovered files.
In this case, please right-click an individual file in Recoverit and recover it to the root directory of a drive to see whether it is there. If you already closed the program, you can run it again, choose the function you used to scan the drive, and load previous scanning results.
Errors occurred during the scan. In this case, would you mind rescanning the drive and saving an individual file to see whether it can open?
Case4: Wrong Target Path
The file system of the drive you used to save recovered files isn't supported by Windows. Could you please try saving files to an NTFS or FAT32 partition?
In general, there are 3 causes for the issue that recovered files can't open:
- 1. There are errors in the path selected for recovered files.
- 2. Errors occurred during the scan.
- 3. The file got damaged before recovery.
In this case, could you please right click an individual file and recover it to the root directory of a drive to see whether it can open correctly? If you already closed the program, you can run it again, choose the function you used to scan the drive, and load previous scanning results.
In this case, would you mind rescanning the drive and save an individual file to see whether it can open?
Recoverit Data Recovery can only recover lost/deleted files but can't repair damaged files.
File information=Files Directory + Data Field.
If any damage occurred in the file directory or the data field, it would be difficult to preview or open the recovered files.
- 1. If files directory and Data Field are intact, data recovery tools will easily recover the lost files by searching File Directory of the partition and the recovered files will have original file names and folder structures.
- 2. But if the file directory is corrupted by some changes (reformatting, system reinstallation, partition/drive show as Raw Status or other changes, etc), the Files Directory cannot point to the right Data Content. So in this case, the data recovery tool cannot find the valid data by searching File Directory. That the reason why you cannot find the lost file with original files name and folder structures. or the recovered files have original fil names and folder structures but cannot be opened.
We adopt several different scan methods to ensure a better scan result.
1 file could be detected by multiple scan methods and each method will create 1 copy of the file in the scan result, so it is normal more files found than you actually have. You may just try them one by one, and save the copy that can be accessed correctly.