Do you need to delete your CCTV from Dahua DVR or NVR? Whether it be an embarrassing video or some recording you don’t need, there’s a way to delete a video from Dahua DVR and NVR. Thus, we’ve prepared a guide to deleting CCTV footage in Dahua.
You’ll learn how to delete recordings from Dahua DVR and NVR with four methods and the best Dahua DVR data recovery software to recover the footage if you encounter Dahua video loss or accidentally delete some recordings.
Can I Delete Dahua Recordings?
The short answer to this question is: yes, you can delete Dahua recordings. However, you can delete Dahua CCTV footage only if you have the system’s credentials. If you know the password for that Dahua CCTV, you can quickly delete any video you want.
However, if you don’t have the credentials to log into the surveillance system, you won’t be able to view or delete any Dahua DVR and NVR recordings. This restriction prevents unauthorized users from deleting CCTV footage from Dahua.
Why Delete Dahua Camera Recordings
If you have a surveillance system, you know that most recordings are useless. Since they take up too much storage space, you should delete old Dahua recordings to make space for new footage. This way, you save space and allow the Dahua camera to serve its purpose.
Moreover, you might not be thrilled if there’s embarrassing footage of you in your surveillance system. With the possibility of other users seeing it, it might be wise to delete it as soon as possible. There are several other reasons for deleting Dahua video recordings, such as easier video access, better video library organization, etc.
How To Delete CCTV Footage From Dahua – 4 Methods
Deleting CCTV footage from Dahua is straightforward as long as you have system credentials. We’ve prepared four methods for deleting Dahua DVR/NVR recordings, so let’s check them out.
Method 1. Delete Dahua CCTV Footage From an SD Card
If your CCTV recordings are saved on an SD card, you can delete Dahua recordings quickly. There are two ways to delete the CCTV footage from an SD card. Thus, if you want to delete a few videos, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Take the SD card out of the Dahua camera.
- Step 2: Find a card reader and put the SD card in it.
- Step 3: Connect the card reader to your computer.
- Step 4: When you can access the footage from the SD card, delete the recordings you want.
It’s as easy as that. The other solution is to delete everything from the SD card, and the steps go as follows:
- Step 1: Open the Dahua client on your web browser and log into your account.
- Step 2: Find the SD card in Record Control.
- Step 3: Click Format to delete everything on the SD card, or select Overwrite to let it record over the previous footage.
Method 2. Delete Dahua Video Recording From Cloud Storage
You can also delete your Dahua CCTV footage from cloud storage. Cloud storage is perfect for securing your surveillance videos and neatly organizing them. The steps for deleting Dahua video recordings from cloud storage are also easy to follow:
- Step 1: Open your cloud storage and log into your account.
- Step 2: Go to the Recordings to view the list of your Dahua CCTV videos.
- Step 3: Select the Dahua videos you want to delete and click the Bin icon.
Method 3. Delete Dahua Footage Videos From a PC
Another way to delete your Dahua recordings is from your PC. Therefore, if you prefer recording CCTV directly from your computer, there’s a way to delete the Dahua footage from that device. The steps are, as with previous methods, effortless to follow:
- Step 1: Connect your Dahua camera to your PC.
- Step 2: Find the video recordings on your computer.
- Step 3: Select those you want to delete, right-click them, and select Delete.
Method 4. Delete Dahua DVR/NVR Videos
If you prefer to record your Dahua videos on DVR or NVR device, there’s a solution for you, too. So, how to delete videos from Dahua DVR/NVR? The process of deleting DVR and NVR videos is very straightforward. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Connect your DVR or NVR device to a monitor or a TV using an HDMI or a VGI.
- Step 2: Log in to your DVR/NVR device with your login credentials.
- Step 3: Go to the Device Settings section.
- Step 4: Then, go to the Storage section.
- Step 5: Click Format to delete all CCTV footage from Dahua DVR/NVR.
What if You Accidentally Delete Dahua Footage?
Now that we’ve covered four ways to delete Dahua video recordings, you can easily follow the steps and delete any footage you want. However, what happens if you accidentally delete some Dahua footage? No need to worry. There’s a way to recover your lost Dahua videos.
Find Reliable Dahua DVR Data Recovery Software
To avoid Dahua data loss, ensure you have reliable DVR data recovery software. Being selected as “Leader in Data Recovery” by G2 users, Wondershare Recoverit is highly recommended by many. It is a professional data recovery tool that recovers and secures your data. Its high-tech recovery system can recover your Dahua DVR recordings in no time.
Recover your photos and videos from storage devices empty due to various reasons like malware attacks, corruption, accidental deletes, damage, etc.
Restore data from all kinds of storage drives like digital cameras, security cameras, drones, USB drives, SD cards, SSDs, HDDs, etc.
Recover Full HD, Ultra HD, 4K, and 8K videos without corruption.
Preview the files before recovery. No payment is required if the files are unrecoverable.
How To Recover Recordings From Dahua DVR/NVR With Recoverit
Wondershare Recoverit offers the Enhanced Video Recovery feature that quickly recovers lost and corrupted video files. More importantly, you will need no technical skills to use it. If you’ve encountered Dahua data loss or accidentally deleted some Dahua recordings, follow these steps to recover your recordings with this Dahua DVR data recovery software:
- Step 1: Download Wondershare Recoverit on your computer and open it.
- Step 2: Click Enhanced Recovery in the left navigation bar and select the storge media from which you want to recover Dahua videos.
- Step 3: Select the lost videos’ format of your Dahua recordings for deep scan and click Start.
- Step 4: The Dahua DVR data recovery software will perform the Quick and Deep Scan at the same time. You can stop the scanning process whenever you find the desired files.
- Step 6: Recoverit allows you to preview the discovered Dahua recordings you want to restore. Once you ensure your videos are intact, click the Recover button to save them to a safe location.
You may also be intersted in: how to recover DVR hard disk data.
If you’ve been using the Dahua surveillance system for some time, your storage space might be at capacity. Therefore, it’s time to delete some Dahua CCTV footage to make space for new recordings. The reason for deleting CCTV recordings can be storage space, an embarrassing video, or organizing the video library.
Nevertheless, several ways exist to delete Dahua video recordings, including from an SD card, PC, cloud storage, and DVR/NVR device. However, if you accidentally delete a video or encounter video corruption and Dahua data loss, use the Recoverit Dahua DVR data recovery software to recover Dahua footage quickly and efficiently.