BOOTMGR stands for Windows Boot Manager. Beginning with Windows Vista and now standard in Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7, BOOTMGR is used to find an active partition and display an operating system menu for your choice. It's similar to the NTLDR for the previous windows system like Windows XP and Windows 2000.
The BOOTMGR is missing error is quite common in Windows Vista and Windows 7. Sometimes, when you press the Power button of your computer, you get a black screen saying "BOOTMGR is missing, Press CTRL+ALT+D to restart.", but when you did as what you are suggested, the error appears again. This error happens even when you're installing another Windows 7 system to the existed ones. Luckily, there's a method to repair this common headache.
It's actually not as hard as you'd imagine repairing a "BOOTMGR is missing" error, as long as you've got the right things prepared. To fix the "BOOTMGR is missing" error is why this article comes in.
This method requires you to have Windows Installation DVD and a CD/DVD drive on your computer. First make sure your computer is booted up from CD/DVD drive and then follow the instructions below to repair this error. Don't have a Windows Installation DVD? PowerSuite allows you to make a CD in 3 steps to boot up your computer and make windows recovery quickly. See how to use Windows CD to repair bootmgr error first.
1. Insert your Windows Installation DVD disc, restart your computer and boot from CD/DVD drive.
2. In the open screen, choose your preferred language, time currency and Keyboard. Mouse over and click 0the "Repair your computer." option in the bottom left side.
3. Depending on what system(s) you have installed, Windows will try to locate the installation destination for Windows Vista or Windows 7.
4. Recovery Options will show up and click Startup Repair.
5. A message "Startup Repair is checking your system for problems ..." will appear.
6. When complete, you will be prompted to reboot, and you should eject the Windows Installation DVD from CD/DVD drive.
7. Now your computer should run as normal, and you see your familiar desktop again.
The method above works well if you have a Windows Installation Disc and a CD/DVD drive. But what if you don't have a disc or CD/DVD drive? As long as your computer has a USB port you can get a usb flash drive you can relax.
1. Load your bootable USB with the LiveBoot program included in PowerSuite Golden . See here how to make a bootable USB.
2. Boot your computer using the USB, see the screenshot below.
3. Once LiveBoot is open, go to Boot Crash Solution panel and follow the on-screen instructions to fix the "BOOTMGR is missing" error. Besides BOOTMGR errors, you can fix corrupt Master Boot Record (MBR), corrupt Hard Disk Partition Table (DPT), corrupt Partition Bad Sectors and many other errors.
The problem of computer system often comes along with data lost from your computer,with the wrong operations to fix bootmgr mising error will result in hard drive formatted and inaccessible data,or hard drive partition.Under these circumstances, you will need a data recovery software to retrieve lost data back.
What is D3dx9_24.dll error? What caused it and how to fix it? This article gives you the comprehensive answer for all your questions. ...
In the given article, we look at multiple solutions that can help you solve the problem of "CD-Drive not working or not being detected. ...
Get a message indicating a boot failure or no indication of what has gone wrong? It may be MBR error 1, MBR error 2, MBR error 3.Learn how to fix it here! ...