Moving a document for a computer to another device can sometimes get your document corrupted. Also, not safely removing a USB drive or an External Device while editing a Word document can mess up your work. Of course, there are plenty of other causes that can create strangely. Wrong repagination, unreadable characters, or file inaccessibility is just a few things that can go wrong.
In this article, we are going to show you how to repair a corrupted Word file using a world-class Word repair tool. First, we are going to talk a little bit about it and then you will learn how to use it to recover Word documents. Happy reading!
Part 1: The Best Word Repair Tool for MS Office Word
1. Stellar Phoenix Word Repair
If you're looking for a professional Word repair tool that is user-friendly and can safely repair corrupted Word files, then your search stops right here. Please, allow me to present to you Stellar Phoenix Word Repair. This amazing piece of software can repair Word documents in complete safety and at the same time preserve the original text, images, fonts, header, footer, and hyperlinks of your document. It doesn't matter if your document was created in Microsoft Word 2013 or 2000, this program can fix it anyway. Recovering documents created in Word 2013 gives you the ability to recuperate embedded media objects.
- Word Repair Tool can safely repair corrupted Word files while preserving the original style and formatting of the document.
- It has a search function that helps you quickly locate your files even if you don't know their exact location.
- After you have selected and eventually scanned a document, you can preview it in three different modes.
- Word Repair is a Word document repair tool designed to fix almost all the word documents corruption errors.
- You can choose between three different recovery modes: "Simple Repair", "Advanced Repair" and "Raw Recovery". One of these recovery methods will surely help you repair corrupted Word files.
- Repairs corrupt MS Word file created in MS Word 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000
- Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000, and NT
This software can recover a multitude of corruption errors. None of the original properties of a document are lost, instead of original formatting and layout are kept. The word Repair Tool can also repair Word document errors like wrong repagination, unreadable characters, or even inaccessible.
Part 2: How to Repair Damaged/Corrupt MS Word Document
In this section of the article, I am going to show you a tutorial on how to use the Word repair tool presented above. First, you need to download the software from here. After you have finally download and installed Word Repair Tool, follow us to learn how to repair Word documents:
Step 1 With Word Repair Tool main Window, select the Logical Drive where you have your files stored and click the "Select File" button. A new window opens and hoose the corrupted document, and click "Open";
Step 2 The next step is clicking the "Scan" button. Wait a little bit for the process to finish;
Step 3 You can now analyze the results and switch between different view modes;
Step 4 Confirm the repaired Word file, and click the "Save" button on the ribbon to save your document;
- Usually, you need to use a Word repair tool when your document is inaccessible. However, if you can access your document, then you are probably able to fix problems manually. Most of the time, the header of the document seems to be the problem. Try to copy the header form a working document and paste it into the corrupted one;
- Before attempting any method to repair a Word document it is crucial to take one specific precaution measure. You should make a backup copy of the corrupt document. In case something happens, you have yourself covered and you can always have access to that copy of the document;
- Have you ever emailed your document to anyone? If you did, there is a good chance for you to find it in the "Sent mail" folder. Use the search bar and look for the document. Maybe you won't even have to repair corrupted Word files anymore if you can find a working previous version;
- If you can open the corrupted document in Microsoft Word, try saving it to a different format like ".txt", or ".rtf". Using a more so-called "primitive" format could disable some document features or dependencies that could be responsible for the data corruption.
Video Tutorial on How to Recover an Unsaved/Deleted Word Document?
Recover & Repair Files
- Recover Document Files
- Repair Document Files
- Recover & Repair More
- Clear & Delete File